Chapter Twenty One

Everything is still as his words register. Adonis. He was here. I look at him in shock.

It's like everything I was doing before is forgotten. I forget that I'm meant to be trapped in my own body. I forget that Fridays are days of torture.

My bottom lip relaxes and my mouth parts in surprise. My mate was here?

"Where?" My body shakes as I ask him, nervousness creeping into my tone. I look around to see if he was already here, but he's not in sight.

Lukas looks at me with his mouth parted and eyes wide. "Where is he?" I ask. My voice gets louder and I'm frantic. I can feel my blood circulating around my body, I was that self-aware.

The tips of his ears turn red in embarrassment and he clears his throat, his hand coming up to his mouth.

"Wait... Don't tell me that this is a joke?" My voice is small and I want him to tell me that what I was accusing him of is a lie. Was it really a joke?

The silence is all I need as confirmation. My blood heats up quickly. Did he really?! How could he? He used my mate against me, knowing that he'd get my hopes up and then crush them in seconds.

The more my thoughts unravel, the more my anger unravels. A hot impulsive fire blazes within me. And I stand there, fists clenched, body trembling.

It's silent for a little while longer and then when he opens his mouth to speak, I realise that no excuse could curb my anger.

There's a thirst for vengeance on my mind. I was going to teach him to not mess with me again. It's like I'm intoxicated with anger. It is destructive. I'm not just a vessel for it, I am brimmed to the max with furiousness. And he had just provoked an untameable fire.

I see red.

Before he could say a word in defence, I rush and I'm in front of him in a split second, with one of my hands around his throat. I lift him as if he weighs nothing and press him against a tree.

"How dare you!?" I snarl, my vision switching both gold and red. My wolf and vampire wanted him dead. Adrenaline rushes in my bloodstream and it's like an awakening. It makes my heart pulse in excitement as I press harder against his throat. I wanted him dead.

I growl in his face, my fangs making an appearance. A hand pulls at my arm and I turn to look at who it is, annoyance lining my face.

Maya looks into my eyes, her eyes flashing purple. "Calm down."

I scoff at her words, my blood in flames. Did she really tell me to calm down? I push her aside, thinking she'll just be out of the way but I don't realise my own strength. Her body slams into a tree and I look at her, my emotions wavering. She had done a lot for me and it wasn't her fault.

When I falter, Lukas takes his chance. He slams his palms into my shoulders and my hands slacken, my body being pushed far back. My feet slide against the forest floor but I recuperate quickly.

He stands there in shock as I glare at him. "Eva, is that you?" I ignore his sentence, my hands balling up into fists. There was nothing that he could say that would curb my anger.

I make a run for it, the air becoming suffocating before I'm in front of him again. I'm too angry to even realise that I was using my vampire speed. His reflexes kick in quicker than before and he blocks my punch. I use his lessons to my advantage but it also meant that he could predict most of my moves. He doesn't once attack me, just blocks all my attacks.

Eventually, he grabs ahold of my arm and brings me forward. "Stop now. You're taking this too far." I can feel his breath on my face and the urge to punch him in the face strengthens.

I was taking this too far?! And what he did wasn't considered the same? Rage coils itself around my body, the intensity increasing. I can feel vibrations of power emanating from within me, I just needed to release it.

Before I can pounce and attack him all over again, Maya grabs me from the back. I try to push away from her, but her grasp is too tight. I struggle against her arms for a while until I realise that I wasn't able to get out of it.

The power disseminates as well as my vampire fangs. The anger slowly recedes, but I still wanted him to feel pain. I use my words instead, unable to hurt him with my hands, screaming out what I wanted him to hear, "You don't understand how it feels." My chest feels tight as I pour my emotion into my words, "It's like someone is constantly ripping my heart out every time I realise that I can't currently be with him." My shoulders slump and my energy begins to sap. I missed him. Even though I wasn't with him for so long, I felt a hole in my heart. The loneliness, even with Maya always by my side, was strong.

"You will never have a mate. You wouldn't ever understand." My voice is laced with poison and I hope that my words had an effect on him. Lukas visibly flinches at my words but I don't realise. His body shakes as his eyes flash red. Bingo. It seemed like I had touched a nerve. His eyes narrow at me and I know he's about to attack me. I smirk at him, accepting the challenge. My body surges with energy all over again and my vampire makes an appearance once again. 

***

To be honest, I wish I wrote more but I needed to put something up and I'm already so very unsatisfied with this chapter. Hopefully, the next one will be better :(  Speaking of, to read the next chapter, already, follow my book on Inkitt. You can do this by following the external link or following the link on my profile.

Thanks for still sticking around!