Eleven: They're Going To Kill Me If I So Much As Breathe The Wrong Way

Start from the beginning

"I do realise this," Alyxia bit, straining against every impulse she had to tell the truth. "But I feel that my information will be more valuable to you than my head."

All of a sudden, as if a curtain had been drawn down after the finale, the tugging feeling stopped. The air seemed to clear, and Alyxia felt less suffocated. The spotlight above her shut off as abruptly as it had come to life, and was replaced with light emanating from lava lamps placed strategically around the room.

Now that the room was sufficiently lit, she noticed that the area was decorated fairly well, albeit minimally, keeping with the theme of the rest of the base. Plain grey walls and glass furniture caught her eyes for a short moment. After all, her attention was on the immaculately dressed woman who sat across from her from the large glass desk.

The lady stood up, smoothing the skirt of her black and orange pinstriped dress down, a far cry from the colour scheme that surrounded them. "So what information is it that you thought was worth risking your life over?" The woman asked Alyxia as her fiery red hair fell down her shoulders. 

Alyxia tried not to gulp visibly. "Tell me what it is you want to know, and I'll tell you to the best of my abilities."

The woman's dual-colored eyes threw Alyxia off course for a second. One eye was a warm chocolate brown, inviting, comforting, pulling her in. The other was a sharp icy blue, determined to extract anything and everything from her. "Let's hear it, then."

"Um.." Alyxia trailed off, noticing that without her realisation, her hands had been somehow cuffed to the arms of the chaise. "As I said, depends on what you want to know."

The woman placed her hands on the desk , leaning closer to Alyxia's face. "How can we be sure that you're trustworthy?" Her kaleidoscopic eyes momentarily held Alyxia in a trance, preventing any words from escaping her lips.

"There would be no point in me lying to you," Alyxia forced out. "Why would I have risked my life just to fib and possibly be killed? And besides, as a member of the royal family myself, I am very much abreast of its affairs."

The woman's eyebrows furrowed. "Let me remind you, Vea, that this is the one place you do not flaunt your royal status. If you plan to work with us, you are one of us. Is that understood?" Not even the fire of her red hair could bring any heat to her frosty tone of voice.

"Understood," Alyxia nearly whimpered. If it already hadn't before, regret slowly started to seep into her consciousness. This is a mistake. They're going to kill me if I  so much as breathe the wrong way. I need to get out of here.

The Alpha settled back down onto her seat. "And what about your little friend?" She directed her attention to Reiley. "Is it true that you're connected to the Griffin family?"

The princess looked back to observe Reiley, who looked as poker faced as ever. "Yes, ma'am." It seemed that her military training to follow orders would stand her in good stead with Ignis.

Alyxia saw a single, perfectly maintained eyebrow shoot up in interest. "I see. Do you have any information on the whereabouts of Lieutenant Maeven of the Imperial Army?"

Did that muscle in Reiley's face actually twitch?

No way, that would imply that she felt emotion.

"I do not currently know, ma'am," Reiley answered curtly. "I apologise."

The Alpha sharply exhaled. "Then of what use are the both of you?" She muttered under her breath. She stood up and fixed Alyxia with that kaleidoscopic glare of hers. "This meeting is over. You will be escorted back to the holding cell until we decide what to do with the both of you."