Chapter 11

Rebecca's POV

"Everything OK?" I asked Jason.

He smirked and nodded but I was not convinced by his behaviour. He suddenly had an ugly scowl on his face as he looked around. I looked around too but found nothing unsual.

"So Rebecca, what do you do?" I think it was Samuel who asked.

"I work as an assistant editor in ADPH", I replied with a polite smile.

"Cool, so how did you and Jassy-poo meet?" He inquired and I raised an eyebrow at him at his nickname and mouthed Jassy-poo to him. He smirked and before I could answer he replied for me, "we met at a club".

His friend Nick sat down right across from Jason and smiled at me for the first time that night. I thought he didn't like me or something but guess I was wrong or this Nick has attitude issuse but I shrugged to myself because I didn't care.

Jason looked at me and smiled adorably.

The first course was served and it was beyond delicious. After the last course, auction started.

The auction ceremony was rather boring but in the mid of announcements,  I felt something at my upper thigh. Looking down, I let out a strangled gasp because it was Jason's hand.

What is he trying to do? I thought to myself.

I told him no funny business but yet he's trying to make a move but just as I was about to open my mouth to tell him to stop, he retreated his hand and then I saw he left a note on my lap.

I picked it up and it said " after the auction, the first dance would be with me", I smiled and nodded but I knew that he didn't ask; he told me.

The auction ended and somebody spoke through the mic "ladies and gentlemen,  it's time for the first dance. I would ask all tge handsome gentlemen and all the lovely ladies to please step-up on the dance floor with their respective mates and enjoy to their fullest".

Jason grabbed my hand and led me towards the dance floor. It was black and white checkered floor and it was huge, allowing almost everyone at once- for ofcourse, it was the first dance.

The song started playing and I instantly recognized it as "Forever and Always by Parachute".

Jason kept his eyes at me all the time and I couldn't help but notice that there was something bothering him.

I've known him only for a couple of weeks, I guess, but I feel like I've known him from the start and he was in trouble or in some confusion.

He just kept staring at me with his scrutinizing gaze. And atlast he spoke "you look ravishing", I just blushed at his comment and looked down and then he continued, "and you look extremely cute when you are blushing" which made me blush harder and him to laugh lightly.

Even in his laugh I noticed that he was bothered by something.

"What is it?" I asked him curiously.  "Nothing..nothing at all. Why did you ask?" He said. "You are bothered by something Jason,  I can see it." I said with affirmity and he just stared at me for a couple of moments and then said "You've only known me for two days and you can see when I am bothered?". I looked in his eyes and he just shook his head but I was still not convinced.

Hmm.. maybe he'll tell me himself.

The song ended and before he could even let go my hand, a voice interrupted, "can I have the next dance please?". I looked around for the source of the voice and instantly recognised it as Jason's friend's voice. He was handsome, very handsome but nothing compared to Jason.

Jason let go of my hand and moved back . I noticed that Jason didn't make a face or got angry when his friend was around, maybe, because he trusted him blindly. 

Nick lightly placed his hands on my waist and started to move. He was very smooth in dancing.

"Sorry for my rude behaviour earlier. I apologize because I can't make my brither angry", Nick said. I just smiled and said, "it's fine. I'm sure you were looking out for your friend or your brother, as you say".

"Yes, I was", he said.

Twirling a little, he spoke again, "Jason's a very good guy Rebecca.  Please try to understand that he's been through a lot so I request you not to hurt him".

"Why would I want to hurt him?", I asked.

He just stared into my eyes and then said, "you can't ever know why or when people would want to hurt you" and then continued, "I am just telling you to try and understand him because he's quite a handful sometimes", he said with a delicate smile that was enough to make any women swoon but thankfully I was not among those 'women'.

The song ended before I could realise it and Jason was by my side again.

He smiled at his friend and then clutched my hand for another dance.

Jason didn't seem to get tired and I must confess he can dance.

It was I think Sebastian who asked me for a dance and I politely obliged.

"So, how can you two have been dating for so long and I never knew?" He asked

"Um, not long. We aren't dating for long and is it necessary that you should know everything? Are you in the CIA or something?" I asked lightly. He laughed heartily and twirled me a little before saying "hmm, you can say so. I am Agent S from CIA's special branch that keeps officers undercover for zombie apoclypse. But you two seem very close". "Really?", I asked him and he nodded. I don't know what made him say that and I did not bother to ask him to elaborate. He was not as good dancer as Jason but good enough.

"So what do you do?", I inquired "I look over our business in Europe basically", he answered.

The song ended beautifully and again Jason was beside me. Sebastian smirked and said "she's agreed to go to a date with me tomorrow", "I did not", I countered quickly.

I think I saw Jason's face harden for a second but it became normal as soon as I countered back Sebastian.

Jason was bipolar and I was now sure of it.