Chapter 10

Jason's POV

We arrived at the venue exactly 15 minutes later and I could tell that Rebecca was very nervous that she would be meeting my parents by the way she bouncing her leg up and down.

She was looking damn hot and I was already worried about the male attention she would gain.

"Rebecca, it'll be alright. Seriously you don't have to be so much nervous. They'll love you, believe me?" I said to her, trying to calm her down but she was not listening.

"You know, you're very different from Ethan," she said after a while.

I looked at her and I was really not in the mood to hear that bastard's name or talk about him so I just smiled in response and said, "I'm sure that it's good different," and she nodded while blushing a little.

The driver parked the car at the front of doors and in a minute, the valets were opening the door for me and Rebecca.

She got out of the car with grace and took my hand so that I will be able to lead the way-that's what she thought.

I was actually trying to declare her mine so that other bastards would not try to make a move on her and even after this if anybody tries to come near her then they should not forget that who they are dealing with. 

We started walking on a green carpet that was leading us to the marque and the stage.

As soon as I arrived somebody called me from behind and I turned to look at the person and immediately got engulfed in a brotherly hug by my best-friend Nick.

"Man, what took you so long?" he asked me.

"Sorry, I just got a bit late as I had to pick up my date too," I answered him, proudly.

He raised an eyebrow and said, "date? who?".

I grabbed Rebecca's wrist and pulled her forward. She was very shy in front of Nick and it was very sweet to see her like that.

"Nick, this is my date. Meet Rebecca Black and Rebecca this is my bestest friend in the world Nick," I said; introducing them to each other.

Nick narrowed his eyes at Rebecca and I saw something flicker in his eyes but it was gone as soon as it came and he shook hands with Rebecca. 

"Nice to meet you,ma'am" Nick said in a business-like tone.

Rebecca only nodded her head. This is what I love about my best friend that he doesn't start hitting on every other girl and he's always there to back me up.

"Nick, I'm gonna go and introduce Rebecca to my parents and then meet you after that, alright?" I said to him and he only nodded and kept looking at Rebecca like she was some kind of alien.