Chapter 7

Rebecca' POV

Why is that when we are in a hurry, the clock seems to not move fast enough?.

Looking at my watch for what feels like the 100th time, I sighed as I realized that I can finally leave this place.

To say that I was nervous for tonight, would be the understatement of the century. 

I've gone on many date and by many I mean MANY dates and no I'm not slut that dates and sleeps.

I guess I just dated a lot of guys to find the PERFECT guy, who never seems to meet me but I've not given up hope.

When I was a kid, I used to dress up my dolls and then arrange their weddings with other 'male' dolls and used to dream about my wedding.

Jerry still makes fun of me by always saying "This is practical life, it's not a fairytale. There are no prince charmings, there are no happy endings and there is definitely no LOVE" and I used to just stick my tongue out to him like child.

Speaking of Jerry, wherein the hell did he die now? God he irritates me to no limit.

Ayesha, one of my co-workers knocked on my door and I let her in "Hey Becca, Jerry left this for and he told me to give it to you because he was in a hurry and didn't have and....oh....and sorry for babbling" she blushed in embarrassment as she realized she was babbling.

I just smiled at her as she excused herself and left my office.

Hmm, what was so important that he stood me up? Oh, he better have a good explanation for this.

"Becca, I'm sorry that I had to stood you up for today but my mom called and I'm going to home today evening on an urgent leave notice. Hope you understand.

-Love Jerry xx."

Oh God, I hope everything's fine.

Jerry never had a good relationship with his parents but had a quite tight bonding with his siblings and a call from his mother? Ok, now that was strange because his mother never called him.

Jerry was the youngest among his siblings and instead of taking over his family business like his older brothers, he left and pursued his dreams that was to become a writer rather than an arrogant CEO.

His parents did not appreciate his choice a bit but his siblings stood up with him and they were quite proud of him that he did not gave up his dreams like they did.

Locking up my office, I crossed the huge white marbled floors and glass walled offices.

I had to go to the mall now.

I haven't been to salon in ages and my hair looks like a bird's nest or probably worse and I have to find a perfect dress for my date tonight.