Chapter 3

Rebecca's POV

Oh my God!

What the hell is that sound and who the hell is pounding on my door?.I thought to myself as I made my way towards the door. What the hell happened last night and how the hell did I get back to my apartment?.

I opened my door to see my bestfriend Jerry standing with huge grin plastered on his face. "Why the hell were you pounding on my door?", I asked him. "Well, hello to you too and stop being bitchy in the morning and get ready for work. We are already late Becca. Hurry up", he said getting annoyed with my bickering.

"Oh my God, I can't go to work today. I've got a pathetic hangover Jerry", I said and his grin disappeared "Why do you have a hangover and did that Ethan made you drink cuz if he forced you to drink alcohol, I might kill that prick" he exclaimed getting annoyed by Ethan.

Just the name of Ethan made my eyes glossy and a tear slipped my eyes. Just before I could erase it Jerry saw the tear and widened his eyes and in a nanosecond he was red with anger "What did that son of a prick do this time? cuz I swear this time I'm gonna kill that idiot" he said becoming extremely angry.

Jerry is always the calm type person but when it comes to me, he can rip off anybody's head. I knew that he liked me alot and wanted more from me than just being my bestfriend but he knew that he will always be my bestfriend and nothing more so instead of spoiling our friendship he kept his mouth shut, which I'm thankful for because I didn't wanted to lose my best friend either. He always comes to pick me up for work since I did not buy a car for myself.

"He left me yesterday and went out of country after his fight with that douche-bag" I sniffled. Now I am on full crying mode and I hate crying in-front of anybody even if its my bestfriend. "He left you but why? And who did he fight with
and why?" he asked, probably curious.

"yeah, he left.. We went to Exotic on Saturday and he had a fight with a businessman there and he got very frightened from him and the next thing I know is that he was leaving the country and breaking up with me" I said between sobs "hey..shhh.. Its alright, Becca.. He was an asshole anyways. OK now get ready for work and don't say you've got a hangover because I literally don't care because Samantha is gonna have your head chopped if you don't show up today too". He was right.

Samantha is my bitchy boss who does nothing but orders like a queen. I really hate her because I really don't know what I ever did to her that she is always such a bitch towards me.

Sighing I made my way towards the bathroom for a quick shower because I know I smell like shit. After getting dressed we made our way towards the 20 story building in which I work.

Well, I work in a publishing company known as ADP HOUSES (Aston Devonné Publishing Houses). I made my way towards my cabin. Although Samantha is a bitch but the job pays me well enough that I can take care of the bills and my college loans.

Walking through the hall of my the sandstone building, I greet my fellow co-workers with a nod and a polite smile. I'm not in mood of talking to anybody today because of my killer hangover.

Its already 2.00 pm and I'm dying to get back home to my soft and comfy bed but I know that the day ends at 5.00.

Around 3ish, I made my way towards Samantha's office to get the latest Fashion Column checked so that I can send it to the printing section for further processing. Without knocking I open the door to reveal Samantha sucking a guys face. I am totally embarassed now as I clear my throat and the couple jump away from eachother. "Ma'am" I say still looking down "I've got the last piece of Fashion cloumn for you to check and I have to send it to the printing section before the end of today" I say, still not looking up. "Rebecca, shouldn't you knock first?" she asks in her squeaky pitched voice. "Ma'am, you always tell me not to knock and just to get in, so I thought.." I say. "Alright, put the papers on my desk and you can leave." she replies. I feel like the guy is digging holes through me as I feel him staring me continously but I don't dare to look up.

Putting the files and the edited papers on her desk, I try to leave as soon as I can. I let out a long breath that I didn't know I was holding.

I sat back on my soft office chair as I start working on the new column arrived for me to edit.

Half way between my editing I hear Samantha's office door unlock and the guy walks out and a minute later he is standing infront of me with his arms crossed. I look up and widen my eyes as I see it is none other the guy who beated Ethan.

Feeling extremely angry, I stood up and looked at him with hatred "what do you want? you have already ruined my life. Ain't that enough for you?" I hissed at him. He looked a bit taken aback at my outburst and after a second he clears his throat and says "I'm sorry that Ethan left you because of me but that bastard deserved that" and before I can say anything else he beats me to it and says "would you like to go to lunch with me right now so as to make it up to for my behaviour?" he asks "and what makes you think that I would like to go out on lunch with my bosses' boyfriend?" I asked feeling annoyed "I'm not your bosses' boyfriend and I was just doing this as an apology" he says and just right on cue Jerry walks in with a huge grin plastered across his face like always. The guy infront of me tensed as soon as he saw Jerry.

Jerry, oblivious to the situation, came upto me and gave a kiss on my cheek like always. The guy's face become stoney in a minute and his eyes turned cold. "Becca, lets go, I'm free finally" Jerry exclaimed dramatically, making me giggle.

Samantha's boyfriend was still standing in his place watching our exchange with almost a deadly expression.

"Oh God, Jerry finally. I've been waiting for you since 2.00" I replied sighing. "Lets go" I said and then turned towards Samantha's guy and said "sorry mister but I already have a lunch planned" and walked past him. He was looking at Jerry like he would kill him any minute. Jerry rose an eyebrow as he crossed him and drapped his hand on my shoulder.

Well this day keeps on getting better. I thought to myself while giving a last look to the stranger and finding him already staring at me with deadly eyes. I turned around and left with Jerry.

What a jerk. Did he really think that I will go with him on a dinner after he's just done his deed with Samantha.
---

Hellaooo Faiza here.

Like always, sorry for the typos and give me feedback.

- Love you.