|45|

"If you don't stop hovering over me, I will call Derek and have him come rip out your throat."

"With his teeth, yeah I know." Stiles replied softly to Clarissa, a grim smile on his face as he looked at the girl. "How do you feel?"

"At least you know." Clarissa exhaled as she sat up, her body screaming at her to lay back down on the couch and stay there for the rest of the night. They had all hovered around her since she had woken up and it had gotten worse after Melissa had done a small blood transfusion between her and her brother in their kitchen. She wasn't healing properly and it was needed to try and recover the blood that she had lost. She honestly couldn't think of a better person to have in their corner than Melissa McCall. "I've told you and Theo at least twenty times each that I'm fine. I honestly should be out there helping Scott and Liam look for my brother."

"Melissa and Evelyn said bed rest for the rest of the night and tomorrow." Stiles declared sternly, tugging the blanket that her brother had thrown over so that it was resting underneath her chin as he gently pushed her to lay back down. He ignored the disbelieving look that Clarissa was giving him and continued to act like a mother. "Theo and I agreed that the rest of the week would be better but we didn't think you'd agree to that."

"If I would have known that almost dying would get you two to agree on something." Clarissa rolled her eyes as the human moved to place another pillow behind her head but paused at the look on her face. He looked down at the pillow before sitting it in his lap. "I might have done something like this sooner."

"That's not funny. You did technically die." Stiles looked like he wanted to hit her in the head with a pillow and Clarissa snickered as he clenched it between his hands, clearly debating if he would slam the thing over her head or not. "You scared the hell out of all of us. No more near death experiences until you're thirty."

"Okay dad." Clarissa declared fondly as she sunk down further into the couch. She was warm and the chill from the loss of blood had yet to fully leave her body. "It's just weird to see you and your dad here. Even seeing Melissa was strange because it's Evie's house and you all don't exactly get along with the people that live here."

"No but we all care about you." Stiles whispered softly, fondness creeping into his tone as he looked around the house. She followed his gaze to the pictures that Evelyn had stuck above the fireplace. Pictures of her and Delcan, her and Corey, Corey and Delcan, and the rare pictures that everyone had taken together since they had moved in decorated the mantle. Evelyn had even stuck the wedding picture that Clarissa had of her parents in their family gallery. "None of us really like each other but we all care about you."

Clarissa felt her chest swell at the love that the people in her life had for her. It was unexpected but it reminded her why she had to fight to keep them safe in the end.

"Am I interrupting a chick flick moment?" Delcan questioned softly from the door, a soft smile on his face as his eyes met his sister's own. He had been pushed towards the dining room after Theo had helped her hobble into the living room to clean up the mess on the table and turn it into their makeshift war room.

There had been no update on Mason and Corey's whereabouts and Clarissa was beginning to worry. Evelyn had sat them down one day and said to get to the house if there was ever trouble and this was one of those moments where Corey should have immediately been back.

"Any news?" Clarissa questioned hopefully, moving to sit up again as her brother walked into the room. She was pushed back once again by Stiles and the auburn haired girl sent him a scathing look for him treating her like a child. "Have they found them?"

"Lydia is out with Scott and Liam now to help with the search." Delcan replied, regretfully shaking his head and Clarissa instantly deflated at his words. He crossed the room and gently picked up Clarissa's legs, his body sliding to sit on the couch with her feet on his lap. "They're going to find them and I can't wait to see you yell at them for disappearing."