|15|

Clarissa Bane felt jumpy the next morning, especially as she sat in the backseat of the sky blue jeep that frequently showed up at murderous crime scenes. She didn't sleep when Theo had dropped off her and her brother at her home, choosing to crawl into a ball at the foot of her brother's bed felt better to her than acknowledging the world around her.

Clarissa watched her brother as he tossed and turned in the bed and snuck out quietly when the sheriff's son had texted her asking if she would accompany him to the station. She had been fully prepared to question him as soon as her short covered bottom hit his leather seat but stopped short when she saw the werecoyote sitting in the vehicle. She had to time the moment perfectly if she could get his account of the accidental death of Donovan, she just didn't know when she would be able to sneak him away.

Her eyes roamed around the busy police station from inside the office that belonged to Noah Stilinski. She could see Parrish hovering over his desk with a cup of coffee, attempting to go over his paperwork distractedly. The officer that had harassed the girls when they found the transport van was glaring into the office, almost as if he wanted to kill her for even daring to be in his place of work. Clarissa grinned before looking back at the board that was planted behind the sheriff's desk. Pictures were hung up against the tan surface and she grimaced at the yearbook photo of her from the previous year that hung gently next to Tracey Stewart's. "You could have picked a different picture of me. I look like I'm dead in that one."

Stiles and Malia shot her a look of irritation as the sheriff crossed an x across Tracey's picture in red marker. She didn't want to be on the board next to the two chimeras who went on a murderous rampage, one having almost killed her dear friend; the friend that had a file sitting gracefully at the top of the sheriff's desk next to Mr. Whittemore's business card. "Chimeras."

"Two dead chimeras." Stiles muttered, gaining the attention of the dark haired girl that stood tall beside him. She could hear the gentle thrumming of his heart that was accelerating while he looked at the board in front of him.

"And eight new ones." Malia cut in nervously, glancing at Clarissa who was as stiff as a board. Clarissa shot the brunette a withering glare as she glanced at her, knowing that she was still upset from the previous night.

"So, that's ten in all." Stiles declared, watching his father stare at the board in front of him.

"One chimera present and accounted for." Clarissa raised her hand slowly, gaining the attention of the teenagers next to her. She had a smirk painted across her face as she stared at the board, looking at the pictures next to hers that had one difference in them; the red slashes signaling that they had been removed from the chessboard. "Although, I don't think you're counting me because I don't exactly remember ruining my manicure by climbing out of a hole in the ground."

"You're not being helpful right now, Clary." Stiles muttered, thumb stuck near his cheek while he watched his father pull something from the top of his drawers.

"I'm thinking maybe eleven." Stilinski stated, ignoring the teenagers while pinning a mugshot against the cork board. Clarissa eyes surveyed the black and white paper, glancing across the angles of the boy's face in curiosity. She watched as the sheriff turned around with his arms crossed over his chest, an annoyed look permanently etched against his face. Her eyes moved from the sheriff's stiff form to his nervous looking son with a knowing look in her eyes that made him raise his eyebrows in question when he met her gaze. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me. They said, both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that, uh, these guys."

"Dread Doctors." Malia murmured, her voice barren of emotion as the sheriff held the book that had been plaguing Clarissa's mind up for them to see.