|12|

Clarissa hated feeling like the third wheel; it had happened on many occasions when Jackson had dated Lydia or when Allison and Scott had dated but at least then they would actually speak with her while she was their third wheel. Thirdwheeling with Kira and Scott on a mission to save their friends was downright uncomfortable.

She had been listening to them blabber together since they left the hospital which Clarissa was full of regret for leaving, she had wanted to stay with Corey but he urged her to leave as soon as the word Delcan left her lips. The people that she loved were in danger and she was teetering on the edge of a snap of her humanity, she wanted these creatures to pay for going after her friends and family; wanted to rip them apart and burn their pieces till there was nothing left of them.

She was used to traveling down the back alleyway to enter the club, used to the litter that lined the inky concrete that she stepped on. She had a friend on the inside, someone that Brett had gotten her an exclusive pass to the club through. She wanted to call him to let her in but she knew that she couldn't rely on bringing a human into a supernatural showdown as soon as they entered the club. She rolled her eyes at the constant bickering of the couple behind her, they were beginning to grate against her final nerve; the one keeping her from lashing out on them in a fit of annoyed rage.

"A kid turning into a half-scorpion, half-werewolf?" Kira's voice rang out through the desolate alley. Clarissa's fists clenched at the thought of the being that had hurt her friend."Is there even a myth for that?"

"Obviously there is because Corey is laying in the hospital because of it." Clarissa snapped, walking quicker against the pavement. She could feel the eyes of the teenagers behind her on the back of her head, but in that moment she could care less of how they viewed her. She didn't feel guilty for snapping at the alpha's mother; the woman had deserved it in Clarissa's mind for keeping the vital information from her but she knew that Scott was now wary of her.

"Sumerian." The teenage boy declared awkwardly, continuing his pace until the couple stood awkwardly behind the curly haired girl; waiting for her to lead them into the exclusive club. She rolled her eyes at their awkwardness before turning down the path that she had known so well and pulling open the gaudy red door in front of her. "I remember something about it in the Bestiary."

Her eyes widened in shock at the blaring alarm that surrounded the trio. The fire alarm had never gone off when she entered the club but she had always been let in from someone on the inside; this time she was relying on her stealth to get her in. She stood stiffly as the alarm rang, watching the teenage kitsune yank a metal piece off her belt in confusion. She had thrown the disc in her hand towards the metal cable running up against the wall to the bright red alarm. The sound ceased, drenching the enclosed room into a soothing silence. Clarissa let out a breath of relief at the death of the blaring noise, the pounding in her head briefly subsiding at it's demise.

"God, I love you." Scott declared towards the brunette before tinting to walk through the plastic flaps separating them from the club.

Clarissa watched the raven haired girl in amusement, snapping her fingers in front of her shocked face. "Look, I get that you awkward lovebirds have yet to exchange those very touching words but I kinda need your help to save my brother and his friends." The curly haired girl rolled her eyes as the loraine stayed planted in her spot, staring at the place that her boyfriend had just left from. "Chop chop, Kira. Sophomores to save and lives to end."

The raven haired girl ignored her before turning and running through the plastic folds to chase after her boyfriend. Clarissa rolled her eyes in irritation before turning to follow the girl into her favorite party destination.