Eighteen.

------- The Present day

"You hated Marina."

Angel looked up wearily at the inspector before clenching his jaw as he could still feel the Colonel's piercing gaze on his profile.

"You have a violent past, Angel." Reminded the inspector, clicking her pen against her notebook."It doesn't work in your favor. "

Click.

He narrowed his lips as he raised his head trying to forget the resurgent images from his mind.

Click.

He tried to ignore the irritating sound of the fucking pen filling his ears. It was like it was the only thing he could focus on and it was driving him crazy. He could still see it all at the pace behind his eyes.

Samuel leaving the changing rooms of the pool.

Click.

Marina trying to get out of the locker room.

Click.

Only he brought her back to the locker room.

Click.

"Stop the it !"Suddenly barked Angel as he leaned over the table, startling the inspector.

The latter widened her eyes as she looked at the teenager and his expression contorted in pure rage before giving a look at his father. The latter narrowed his eyes on his son before suddenly pulling him by the collar of his T-shirt."You piece of shit!"

"Mr. Velasquez! "

Cristina suddenly jumped out of her chair as the man suddenly lifted his son from the chair as if he were barely heavier than a feather before suddenly pressing him against the wall. Angel immediately hissed at the feel of his head hitting the wall.

"Did you kill this girl?" The Colonel barked in his face letting Angel close his eyes in spite of himself in fear. He could feel the tears related to the pain and fear rushing behind his eyes."Answer me, you piece of shit!"

Ivan rushed to the duo before placing his hand on the Colonel's shoulder to keep him away from his son before he could do the irreparable."Miguel, let go of him. Now !"

Angel sank further into the wall if possible as he met his father's glowering gaze before looking up at Ivan over his father's shoulder. He swallowed at the sight of his friend's father before turning his eyes back to his father. He shook his head in panic."N-no ... I didn't kill her. I swear. I didn't do anything."

Soon enough a team appeared in the room.

They quickly examined the situation before rushing to the Colonel to hold him. However, Ivan stopped them with a wave of his hand before watching Miguel let go of his son.

The latter fell somewhat against the wall, still dizzy with pain.

Ivan rushed over to Angel as he nearly tripped before helping him stand."Hey, hey! Angel, look at me!"He took his face between his fingers to examine him before taking a scathing look at his father."Get out. Miguel, outside!"

"I am his father! You have no right to question him without me!"

Ivan ignored the cries of the abusive man as he helped Angel sit down before motioning for Cristina to fetch water. The redhead immediately nodded her head as Ivan leaned on the table to make sure of Angel's well-being."Hey, are you okay?"

"What do you think?" Angel replied as he tested the pain in the back of his head before hissing at the pain."Damn it!"

Cristina soon reappears in the room with an ice pack and a glass of water before placing them on the table. She looked at the boy with pity this time before meeting Ivan's grave gaze

"Here, drink this." Ivan advised as he handed the glass to Angel.

The latter took the offered glass with a slight grimace before looking up at Cristina to her hesitant question."Angel ... it wasn't the first time, rigth? I'm wrong?"

"It has nothing to do with the investigation." Replied the brown as he avoided the duo's gaze. He could feel his heart beating inside his head and chest.

It was all because of Marina and those damn watches. She had literally ruined everyone's life.

Ivan shook his head in the direction of Cristina knowing that they would not get the teenager like that before leaning in."Do you need anything else?"

Angel clenched his jaw before giving a look at his friend's father, almost begging."You can't put charges on him. He's all I have."

"Angel ..."

"I'm serious." The brown insisted as he looked between the investigative duo."I wouldn't tell you anything if you charge him."