"Where is he? Where is he?" Stark growls as his face transforms into an ogre looking creature. "Another Grimm?"

Reaching her arm out as far as it can go Isabelle grabs the lamp on her nightstand and smashes it against the side of Stark's head. It doesn't hurt him, but it distracts him long enough for her to slip out of his grip.

Making a run for it she races into the main room and looks for something to defend herself, but all she can find is an old mop that she never threw in the trash. Since she didn't have many options at the moment she grabs it. Watching as Stark stomps towards her she begins whacking him with it, but then he grabs the handle and pushes her right into the coffee table. Hearing a loud growling noise she looks up to find Monroe in his Blutbad form. Monroe lunges at him, but before he can even get close Stark grabs him by his neck.

Using the little strength she had left Isabelle pushes herself up onto her feet and jumps on Stark's back, wrapping her arms around his neck. Grabbing her arms he backs into the wall, repeatedly slamming Isabelle against it. Quickly becoming lightheaded from the impact Isabelle falls to the ground, small black dots filling her vision. Her eyelids grow heavy, but she refuses to close them fearing that Monroe was going to get himself killed. Focusing on the two men in front of her she watches as Monroe leaps on Stark and digs his teeth in his skin. Pushing Monroe off Stark rubs his shoulder, glaring at Monroe before retreating from the room and disappearing from sight.

"Isabelle, open your eyes. Look at me." Monroe urges pulling her onto his lap. "Isabelle, please."

"You saved me. Thank you." Isabelle smiles, laying her head on his chest before passing out in his arms.

✯               ✯               ✯

After opening her eyes Isabelle finds herself in her apartment — and there was no mess, no blood, no sign that anything had happened. Slowly walking towards the window she looks out the glass. The street was dark and empty.

"Eerie, isn't it?" Marie comments and Isabelle jumps as she finds her mother sitting in the chair in the corner.

"Mom?" Isabelle breathes in disbelief.

"Sorry. Force of habit. I'm just so used to people not seeing me." Marie apologizes.

"But I can?" Isabelle inquires confused, but Marie just stares at her. "Wait — am I.. am I dead?"

"I don't know. Are you?" Marie questions tilting her head.

"Uh.. no?" Isabelle says.

"Good answer." Marie grins as she stands up and walks over to her. "Now I know you're not here for me to tell you something you already know. So why am I here?"

"You always did know what I wanted before I even said anything." Isabelle mutters before looking her mother in her eyes. "How do I know if I found the one?"

"That's not what you want to ask." Marie shakes her head. "I know you're nervous, Isabelle. But you don't need to hold back from me. I can't help if you don't confide in me about what your problem is."

"Alright." Isabelle nods. "So I've been getting to know this guy, Monroe, but.. he's.. he's a Blutbad."

"A Blutbad, hm?" Marie says raising an eyebrow. "So what's the problem?"

Beginnings ➣ Monroe [1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें