Daddy For

Steve, Wanda, Clint and I all stepped over to the window and looked out at the storm that had sprung up out of nowhere. We all looked around trying to see any sign of the Bifrost opening or Thor approaching. Riley and Pietro bounced around, their faces pressed to the glass.

"I don't know. Maybe that wasn't him." Clint said.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "Well, hopefully, Heimdall heard me and passed on the message."

"Don't worry, he did."

We all spun around and the twins ran to him. "Daddy!" They squealed.

"Children!" He said with a large smile, lifting them up easily and swinging them over his head.

They both squealed and kicked their legs and when he drew them back in against him, Pietro scrambled up to his shoulder while Riley bounced in the crook of his arm. "I missed you, daddy." She said, kissing his cheek.

"I know little one. I missed you too." He said.

I came over to him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, sweetheart."

"It sounded as if you might require some assistance."

"Daddy, I maded da wind. Woosh!" Riley babbled, excitedly.

"That's very exciting," Thor said smiling. She raised her hands and wiggled her fingers. A small breeze picked up and ruffled their hair. "Look at you. Such a clever little one."

His praise seemed to make her even more excited and she kicked her legs. "Imma make fundah wike you, daddy!"

"You're going to be like me?" He asked, tickling her stomach.

"Yes! Wike you! Imma fly!" She babbled.

"Okay, we'll teach you how to fly, but when you're older," Thor said.

"Is she going to need something to channel this?" I asked. "Like Mjolnir?"

"I don't think so. We should be able to teach her to control it. I can get her a talisman if need be, but it should not be necessary." Thor said.

"Where's mew mew?" Pietro asked, patting the back of Thor's neck.

"I hung her by the door," Thor said. "Then I would have both my hands free to hold you both."

Pietro giggled and Riley wriggled in his arms, trying to get down. When he let her to her feet, she took his hand and started swinging from it.

"Okay, we should call a family meeting. Try and figure this out. Let everyone know you're here." Steve said coming over to Thor. Thor leaned in and kissed him lovingly. Steve hummed softly and ran his hand through Thor's hair before pulling back. "It's good to see you."

"And you," Thor replied.

"Okay, FRIDAY page everyone. Tell them it's urgent and we'll meet them in the living room."

We made our way to the living room with Riley dangling off Thor's arm.

"I gotta say, I kinda love how you just turn into a jungle gym when you show up," I said as we walked.

"I like to ensure the children are happy." He said.

"They definitely miss you when you're not here. They just get over-excited seeing you."

He gave me a look that almost screamed at me about how bad he felt and how hard he was trying to balance this life with the one he had on Asgard. I felt a pang of guilt for him and I rubbed the small of his back.