•》Chapter I: "Prize of Pain" - Part1《•

Start from the beginning

He wanted to be true with all that he needed to go through before they could make a step into their plan.

"If you can survived it, you'll become one of us." he assured.

"You mean... I could die in the process?" Zach asked.

"Yeah, but... we will not bring you to this part of the mission if we know you can't." the doctor asserted.

Zach looked at Per and Ark. They were looking back at him with their strong beliefs.

"It's the only way Zach... If you really want to see her again." Ark spoke.

Per released a deep breath and lowered her stipulation.

"But... we're not really forcing you to do it... We're just..."
She was undone when Zach interrupted.

"I'll do it... I don't think I can go on with my life without her anyway, so... I agree."

He was not nervous that moment. His loneliness had already taken all his emotions. It was only urge and will that still circulating in his bloodstream.

《••◇•••••••○•••••••◇••》

Zach together with Dr Filbur, entered another room. It was large and has only one thing inside it, a fixed medical bed on the center.

The walls and the whole floor were both covered with thick rubber, like as if it's a room for a mentally disabled person.

"Remove your shirt and lay down on the bed." the doctor instructed.

Zach followed.

Once he's on the bed, Ark came pushing the silver container on a metal trolley. He placed it beside the bed.

"Just remember that you will see her again after this. It's a good prize for your sacrifice, don't you think?" he said trying to light up his friend's tensed feeling.

Zach gave him a pressed smile and a nod. Ark smiled back, then he left the room.

From his pocket, Filbur took out a small black case and opened it. Zach saw a syringe inside it. Filbur took it and lifted it in front of him.

"This will make you sleep for an hour... When you wake up, the pain will start. This room is made for this day. The pain will make you scream, make you hurt yourself and make you go completely crazy... Once the blood enters your body, there's no turning back... Now, let me ask you one last time... are you, with all you heart and mind, willing to do this?" the doctor asked firmly.

"I already died once... I'm not afraid." Zach answered.

Filbur saw strong determination in his eyes. He knew he was indeed fearless that moment.

He then grabbed his arm and inserted the needle in his skin. The liquid entered Zach's body immediately, and in just few minutes, his eyes closed.

《••◇•••••••○•••••••◇••》

"I'm worried Ark. Did we really do the right thing?"
Per was beginning to feel doubtful.

"It's too late for that, but you know what Per? I learned something the day they took Claire... After witnessing that, Zach asked me if to love is a wrong thing to do... I realized then, there's no right nor wrong anymore if what's at stake is the most important thing to you." Ark paused for a moment, then he returned his eyes at her.

"For you, do you think it's evil to make wrong right because you have no other choice?" he asked.

Per gave him an uncertain expression.

"I don't know. Do you?" she asked back in a very low voice.

"When you're in the verge of desperation, I guess, that's when you will know the answer." he answered in a heavy but convincing tone.

It was then that Filbur returned to the lab.

"Fil!" Per called.

"How is it?" she asked right away.

"The transfusion is done. All that we can do now is to wait." he answered.

To be continued...

(Don't forget to tap the STAR/VOTE icon after you read, might as well leave a COMMENT of your reactions, questions, suggestions or compliments about this part of the story.)

*****THANK YOU FOR READING*****