Chapter 22: Emperor Lelouch

Start from the beginning

I said, "Don't be concerned. Let Lelouch have all of it. Because it doesn't matter. He can have Britannia, the whole nation. The question is what comes next. Which will control the world? Will it be Lelouch's Geass power or will it be our united power.".

A Week Later*

Lelouch's POV*

A few days ago, I ordered the destruction of the imperial mausoleum which held the remains of past Britannian Emperors. 

Following that I commenced my abolition of the aristocracy, therefore breaking up of bureaucratic cliques and liberation of the Numbers. 

Odysseus and other male royal members of my family joined the army while my sisters and other female relatives joined the maid services and I made it out to look as though they expressed support for me despite my actions.

I was now sitting in my throne room with an army of guards in front of me.

I showed them my Geass and ordered, "Lelouch Vi Britannia commands each one of you. Be my slaves, now!" and I activated it on them.

Every one of them said, "Yes, Your Majesty! All hail Lelouch!".

Lloyd said, "Your Majesty, won't you let me analyze that power just a little bit, for science of course.".

Jeremiah entered and asked, "Do you want to die, Lloyd?".

Lloyd fearfully asked, "You mean in the traditional sense?".

Jeremiah said, "Ridiculous.". 

Jeremiah kneeled and said, "Jeremiah Gottwald returns from battle to announce that I have vanquished former Earl Rosenkreuz.".

I said, "Well done. Still, I'm not very popular out there, am I? The nobles are rising up and rebelling everywhere. Isn't that true?".

C2 said, "People resist when you take away their vested interest. They fight back.".

I looked at her and said, "That's why we need to make them fully understand how foolish and pathetic it is to cling to vain pedigrees and past glories.".

An Hour Later*

We rested in the Exelica Garden.

Suzaku said, "So soon after ascending the throne, the name Emperor Lelouch has become part of history. All because you dismantled Britannian culture.".

I said, "The real work is yet to come. At this moment I'm about to use Elizabeth to spill a sea of blood. Enough blood to wipe away all memory of Euphemia's massacre forever from people's minds.".

Suzaku asked, "Lelouch, are you saying...?".

I said, "Euphemia wasn't the only one. It was Nunnally, too. We've both lost so much. Far, far too much. But, to move forward into the future we need to take over the entire world. Just saying those words makes me laugh.".

C2 rode over with Llyod Asplund and C2 asked, "Yet you're both absolutely determined to do it. Isn't that right?".

I stood up and said, "Yes. It's for the sake of the Zero Requiem.".

Suzaku said, "Yes, Your Majesty.".

Lloyd asked, "Well then, what will you do about the problem at hand, Your Majesty?".

I hummed and said, "I took over Britannia to address that. But...".

C2 interrupted me and asked, "Is it true? About what Schneizel is planning?".

I said, "Yes. According to the intelligence's reports from Elizabeth. And given that the Tromo Agency in Cambodia have seceded from Britannia. When you add it all up, it leads to one conclusion. There's no choice. We have to move the plan to the next phase before Schneizel has a chance to put his plan into action. Yes, what is it?".