Chapter 9: Mao

I don't own Code Geass. All rights go to Sunrise, Gorō Taniguchi and Ichirō Ōkouchi. This Is A Fan Based Parody For An OC.

2 Days After Chapter 8*

Elizabeth's POV*

I was on break for my good work for securing the Kyoto group.

Lelouch and I were at the funeral of Shirley's father.

All of us including the student council were here to provide aide for Shirley.

The Priest said, "He was a pious soul who is always looked to God in his life and friend to us all.
To his wife, he was a devoted husband, to his child a loving father. May he rest in peace forever cradled in the bosom of our Lord.".

Shirley's mother sadly said, "No, stop! Don't bury him again, please. He suffered enough. Oh God, don't leave me.".

Shirley said, "Mom, he's gone already. Please Mom.".

After he was buried and everyone was gone Shirley came over to us.

Kallen said, "Shirley, I'm so sorry this happened.".

Shirley unemotionally said, "Oh, stop. What have you to apologize for?".

Rivalz said, "We feel awful. It just that... when we were all watching the hotel jacking on TV, I thought the Black Knights were... you know, heroes. I mean the news was handling it all wrong, anyway, I was posting online how I thought what happened in Narita was kinda cool, and I... Forgive me.".

Shirley walked over with a fake smile and said, "Come on! Don't be silly. That has absolutely nothing to do with this at all. I mean even I was saying Narita was...".

Milly put a hand on Shirley's shoulder and said, "Shirley, stop. Seriously, I'm starting to worry about you here. Have you cried yet? If you simply hold it in, It's only going to be harder for you later on.".

Shirley said, "You don't have to worry. Really, I'm fine. I've cried a lot.".

Suzaku said, "Cowards, Zero, One, and their people. Their methods are just cowardly. They don't even get their hands dirty. They stir people into a frenzy, tips the world into chaos, and then sit back and congratulates themselves. It's not going to change a thing. Anything gained through their kind of tactics is just meaningless.".

I quickly changed the conversation and said, "Well, anyway, I think it's time we headed back, everyone. Shirley, we'll be waiting for you, back in the old student council room, the same as ever. Come on guys, let's go." and we left Lelouch and Shirley to talk.

Rivalz said, "Hey, Lelouch!".

Milly grabbed Rivalz and dragged him away.

Rivalz asked, "What? What I do?".

I walked off and back to my home where C2 and I were gonna talk with Lelouch before his operation today.

It was raining when Lelouch came back and sat on the couch looking off blankly.

C2 asked, "Do you regret it? That your friend's father was caught up in all this?".

Lelouch said, "Shut up.".

C2 said, "But it turns out you're the soft one Lelouch, and Elizabeth is the strong one. Did you think this was all just a game? You've both already killed your fair share of people. By hand, or words more often than not.".

Lelouch said, "Just shut up.".

C2 said, "All of them left behind a family. All had lovers and friends. Lelouch, are you, really telling me you hadn't grasped that yet? I would have thought you to be better prepared like Elizabeth is.".