Chapter 21: Past, Present, And Future

Start from the beginning

I said, "You're wrong Father. You lift your voice to call upon God...". 

Lelouch said, "But it's not God who you need to settle things with, Charles Zi Britannia. It's us, your son and daughter!".

Father turned to us and said, "And how will you challenge me? Neither gun nor sword will have any effect on me. Nor will the power of your Geass's. Nothing you can do can kill me.".

I said, "But we don't need to kill you, father. By coming to this parallel realm, you've already ensured my victory.".

The explosions we set went off and sealed the exit.

Father asked, "You've sealed the exit?".

Lelouch said, "Yes. You, us, and the power of Geass are now sealed in this space together.". 

I said, "And if you can no longer interfere with the real world, then all your plans will be meaningless in the end. You may as well be dead!".

Father angrily said, "Lelouch! Elizabeth!".

I said, "The system which you created has become a prison which now holds your own soul captive. Now, let us repent. Suffering together for all eternity!".

Lelouch took a seat and said, "So, since we have plenty of time now, will you answer me? Who was it that killed our mother and what's your excuse for not protecting her?".

Father said, "How ironic. Here you both are seeking the truth, you two who made it this far only by your deception and your lies.".

Lelouch said, "That's true. I've lied every step of the way. And not just about my name and past. I've hidden my true intentions, too. But that's pragmatism, isn't it?".

I said, "People need to play along with each other. We melt into a place. If we didn't, then nations and people, these things called communities wouldn't exist. Everyone uses lies. On family, on friends, in society.".

Lelouch said, "And everyone wears a different face. But, is that a sin? What is one's true face? Even you wear a mask, that of an emperor. None of us can make a move now without our respective personas.".

Charles said, "You're both wrong. When we realize that lies have no meaning in the endless flow of eternity, those personas will vanish. When we understand each other, the conflict will disappear.".

Lelouch said, "That all sounds like metaphysical nonsense to me.".

Charles said, "It will soon be reality. You see, this is my Ragnarok Connection. Soon these masks known as deceit will be discarded by the world, revealing the truth. C's World.".

I said, "It's the collective unconscious. A collective of people's minds with memories. The sea of transmigration. The great consciousness. This is what you refer to as God, father.".

Our mother soon appeared before us and I felt my heartache.

Lelouch said, "Wha... it can't be...!".

Tears welled up in my eyes as Mother said, "My, Lelouch. How you've grown. And my sweet little Elizabeth on the verge of tears, don't be so sad.".

Lelouch asked, "Mother?".

Father turned to Mother and said, "Marianne. I see you've come.".

I sadly asked, "Is this an illusion?". 

Mother said, "No. It really is me, Elizabeth. However, I can only take on my original appearance while I'm present within this system.".

Lelouch said, "It really is...?".