Part 47 - Oxygen

"Let me out of here now!" Mark furiously shouted at the unyielding rapper. The American found himself alone with Jackson locked up in a sauna room of Kwon's large three-story yacht. He wanted to go back to the private owner's deck, and snatch his husband away from that crowd. Moreover, he had to stop Kwon's viper lips from touching Jinyoung's. The only obstacle that kept him from going after the singer was Jackson. He wasn't completely drunk, but Mark could tell that he had had a few drinks at that point. A few minutes ago, when the Hongkonger realized that Mark was about to charge at the pair playing the pepero game, he was fast enough to take the elder away from the scene and push him inside the first door that he found on his way. He was so fast that even the other Got7 members weren't able to see where he had taken Mark.

"Will you please calm the fuck down?!" the rapper exclaimed, without moving away from the door.

"Didn't you see what that snake was doing to my husband?! I swear I'm gonna drown that motherfucker in the fucking ocean!" Mark yelled at the younger, trying to push him away from the door. Jackson remained still while his ex struggled to get him out of his way by pulling at his arm forcefully.

"It's that kind of behavior that will blow up his performance and ruin this whole mission. I don't know about you Yi-en, but I don't want to see people measuring the size of my dick after they get to watch all those fucking videos letter2u recorded inside of our old flat. Now keep your feelings in check, 'cause we'll only leave this room when you cool down." Jackson gave him a hard stare and suddenly the elder remembered why they were on that yacht. Got7's future depended on the success of Bambam's plan and if it wasn't for the rapper's intervention, the American would have condemned them to eternal damnation.

"Shit! I'm acting like an asshole, even though you're the one who's drunk." Mark shook his head in frustration, as he looked down to the floor and removed his hands from the rapper's muscled biceps.

"I only had a few shots. It won't kill me." Jackson looked away as he tried to hide his own discomfort. He had no intention of revealing his drinking problem to Mark.

"Oh yeah, but it might get other people hurt. I heard you kicked Bam out of your house and called him names. I hope that's all you did. I know very well how you get when you lose control." Mark eyed him suspiciously. Jackson had eyes like saucers when he met his gaze.

"I would never- how- did-y-you weren't supposed to know." His stammered, sounding extremely upset.

"I also know about your bloody bath. I've heard the essential oil you used in the water was crimson red." Mark remarked, in a mocking tone. The rapper looked taken aback.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself." He defended himself after swallowing hard.

"Of course you weren't. You're not that sensible."

"I just wanted to feel like you felt, you know? You self-harmed to cope with stuff, so I wondered if I should do the same. While I scrapped my wrists, I tried to understand the sort of comfort it could bring me. But I felt no pleasure in that, it just didn't work for me. You told me once that I wasn't allowed to die before I redeemed myself and I've been anxiously waiting for this day to come. I need to make amends for all the hurt I caused you. I don't wanna part from this world without your consent." Jackson's tone was bleak, but Mark couldn't bring himself to pity him. He wanted to leave that sauna and monitor Jinyoung's performance. He knew JB and the others were around but he still needed to know how far the singer would go to develop his role of wounded husband who is eager to get a divorce.

"That was a long time ago. When I told you that, I wasn't myself. You can't possibly redeem yourself in this life. There's nothing you can do for me or anyone else out there. You're completely useless." Mark knew he was being harsh, but whenever he talked about the past with Jackson, the past him embittered his mood. The Hongkonger on the other hand looked quite hurt.