Memories

Louis insisted on taking me to the hospital, just to make sure I was alright. “Louis William Tomlinson, I said I’m fine!” I moaned as he gently pushed me into the passenger seat. “Madison-Jade Amelia Swann, I’m not taking no for an answer.” He said before closing the door on me. I sighed as he and Harry got in the car. “Lou, what’s going on?” Harry asked. I felt Louis looking at me, but I was looking out the window so I wouldn’t snap at him.

“You’ll find out soon enough mate.” He whispered as he started the car and drove towards the hospital. “Maddie?” Harry asked, trying to get me to at least say something, but I ignored him. I know I shouldn’t have been like this, but I couldn’t help it. I knew what was happening, so did Louis. Harry just tagged along because he wanted to make sure I was alright.

“Maddie?” I heard Louis whispered to me. Harry had already gotten out of the car and was waiting for us. I slowly turned to face him. “Maddie, please don’t hate me.” He whispered as he took hold of my hand. “Lou, I don’t hate you, how could I hate Louis ‘the Tommo’ Tomlinson?” he laughed slightly. “You know what’s wrong, I just don’t see the need to be here again.” I said, gesturing to the hospital.

“It was Harry who suggested it. He really cares Mads. He knows how much you mean to me, and he just wants to make sure everything’s alright.” I sighed and looked out the window at Harry. He saw me looking and gave me a sheepish smile and wave. I smiled back before opening the car door. “Come on then.” I said as Louis joined me. “Let’s see how ill I really am.” I rested my head on Louis’ shoulder as the 3 of us went into the hospital.

*************************************************************

“Back so soon?” Dr. John Merrygold joked. “She’s just been coughing up blood, what’s so funny about that?” Harry practically growled at him. “Harry, calm down.” I muttered to him. “Maddie, you’re ill, we’ve just seen you cough up blood. You really think that’s normal?” he asked me. I sighed and turned to face John.

“I’m guessing he doesn’t know?” he asked. “Well, I’ve only just met him so…” I trailed off. “And Louis?” he asked. “He was here earlier for the appointment. I’ve known him since we were kids.” I smiled slightly. “And Harry says you were coughing up blood?” he frowned, whilst I nodded. “Well, I was dancing around on stage, so it was kinda my own fault.” He looked at me, surprised. “You don’t dance though?” he smirked as I hit him on the arm.

Harry coughed slightly, letting us know that he was still there. John sighed. “I’ll run some tests, just to make sure everything’s alright. In the meantime, I suggest you explain to Harry what’s going on.” He said before walking away.

“Maddie, what’s he on about?” Harry asked. I sighed as I sat back on the bed. “Mads, he’s gonna find out sooner or later.” Louis said as he sat next to me. “I know; I just don’t want the whole world knowing. You know I shouted at dad for telling Jo.” I laughed slightly.

“Why? Didn’t you want me to know?” Louis asked. I shrugged. “What difference would it have made if you did or didn’t know?” I asked. “It makes all the difference. I’m gonna be here 100%, no matter what happens.” Louis said

“How? You’re in One Direction. You’ve got signings, promos, concerts and whatnots. How are you gonna be there for me when you’re halfway round the world?” I asked. Louis was silent for a while. “That’s what I thought.” I mumbled as I pulled my phone out. Louis took hold of it and put it in his pocket. “Give me back my phone.” I said. “No.” he smirked. “Louis!” I moaned trying to get my phone back. “No, you need to realise that I care about you.” I rolled my eyes, still trying to get my phone from him.

“Remember when Ryan dumped you?” he asked. I stopped struggling against him, and just stared at him. “Who was round your house as soon as they heard, bags full of junk food and all the bad DVDs you can think of?” I didn’t say anything as I remembered that night. Ryan had been my first boyfriend, my first real love, and being dumped like that really hurt. “I was.” Louis whispered.

“That heart operation? Who’s face did you wake up to?” he smirked, knowing he was winning. “Your ugly mug.” I laughed as he ruffled my hair. “Oi, cheeky.” We both laughed, when I suddenly reached for my phone but he was too quick for me. “Who,” he started as he lightly grabbed my wrists, “came all the way back to Doncaster during the xfactor because he heard that your mum had died? And who came back, during the final week of the xfactor, for her funeral?” I sighed, finally giving up. “You.” I muttered. “Exactly.” He smiled. “And I’m gonna be there for you now, no matter what happens.”

I shook my head as he handed me my phone. “Cancer’s a completely different scenario Louis.” I said as I put my phone back in my pocket. “Cancer?” Harry asked his eyes wide with shock. I’d completely forgotten he was there. “Um, yeah. I’m dying.” I said as if it was completely normal. Harry didn’t say anything. “You wanted to know.” I said as I shrugged my shoulders at him. He was about to say something when the nurse opened the curtain.

“Now Maddie, I’m just going to be taking some blood today, and then Dr Merrygold has informed me that you’re free to go, ok?” I nodded as I rolled my sleeve up for the needle. I looked away, not wanting to see what was happening and Louis took hold of my other hand. I looked at him and saw that he was genuine. He was gonna be there for me, no matter what happened.