Chapter 7: "Friends"

[NEXT DAY IN SCHOOL]

Saint and Zee were both awkward with each other after last night. Zee tried his best to avoid Saint and so did Saint.

"Yo, why you avoiding him?" Mew asked Saint. Saint decided to ignore the question and went into deep thought about last night. He wondered if maybe he was too sudden? Or if he made the wrong move? He began to regret what he said since it created an awkward atmosphere between the two. Saint didn't know that Zee was straight. After all, they did have sex. Who would have known? The idea that a guy liked Zee might have put him off a little. Saint didn't know he was gay till now either... "I guess I like guys now... or maybe it's just Zee..." thought Saint to himself.

English class had started and saint had to hand over a report of what they had done yesterday. Which wasn't much to be honest. Well, they were very occupied with a important discussion. Ms Claire (the teacher) also announced that the pairs had to do work together two times a week at minimum. Which put Saint and Zee in a pretty awkward position again. Saint kinda didn't want to face Zee again that soon after all that. Imagine having to tutor your crush two times a week after being rejected (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))). Traumatising. Saint decided to dig a whole for himself and buried himself in his hands. All the while mew was just a lost child wondering what the hell is going on with Saint. Poor Mew left out of all the drama and the tea
\(//∇//)\

[LUNCH TIME]

Unlike his usual self, Saint was having lunch with mew and gulf outside without idling alone in class. Most importantly, he had to update mew on everything that had happened cause he was bugging him continuously. Also, very obviously gulf got to know the whole situation as well since "mewgulf" is a thing and cause gulf was sitting at the table. Upon hearing the story both mew and gulf exclaimed a bit too loudly "WHAT?!?!?". Their surprised faces was priceless. After being bombarded with intense questions for 10 whole minutes Saint was about to peacefully get back to eating his forgotten lunch when Saint heard someone clearing his throat behind him. That someone was Zee. The awkwardness between them hasn't really disappeared and they didn't try their best to avoid eye contact.

Zee: Ummm... Hey...
Saint: hello...
Zee: I came to ask about the tutoring thing... when will you be free?
Saint: I... I'm fine with anything...
Zee: how about Tuesdays and Thursdays?
Saint: Yeah that's fine...
Zee: But I have band practice right after school so... I can only after 6pm...
Saint: that's fine...
Zee: (Scratches his head) uhhh... where? Your house as usual?...
Saint: yeah that's fine...
Zee: okay... see you later then...
Saint: ok...
(Zee walks away)
Mew and Gulf: OOOOOOO
Saint: =_=

Ringggggggggg!!!!!!!
Oh well, the bell rang and poor Saint didn't get to take a bit out of his lunch.

[THURSDAY]

It was Thursday and during school all Saint could think of was how had to meet Zee that afternoon. And now he was even more in bliss because Zee could be ringing his bell any moment now.

DING DONG!
That gave Saint a little jump. Saint was so nervous he was shaking a little too. He slowly grabbed the door handle and slowly opened the door as if he was was sneaking into a museum at night. And there was Zee just standing there in front of the door in all black. "Honestly he would make a model..." thought Saint to himself, while freezing in his spot for a good awkward 30secs. Saint let Zee in and they sat at the usual spot on the floor around the small table. It was just silence for a while before Saint spoke.

Saint: Ummm... I'm sorry about last time... I shouldn't have been that abrupt.
Zee: No, just forget it.
Saint: I didn't mean to make it awkward between us although I am a little glad I said what I had to instead of keeping it bottle inside.
Zee: ...
Saint: let's just try to be friends and get to know each other more. I mean you seem like a nice person... (⌒▽⌒)
Zee: yeah you seem like a nice person too...
Saint: (his heart fluttered a bit although he was a little sad as well since zee was just friend-zoning him) thanks...
Zee: Since we cleared this up... I feel a bit better...
Saint: Oh since mid-terms is coming up we need to get to work (╹◡╹)
Zee: Well... if u can maybe you can tutor me everyday at the same time... we can get to know each other more as friends (Zee felt like his curiousness was about to eat him up)
Saint: Sure! That's fine with me (๑>◡<๑)
Zee: okayy
Saint: But now let's get to work! We have a lot of work to do! I'm gonna get you into the top 12 in the class!! It's gonna be hard work! ( ◠‿◠ )
Zee: (Almost instantly regretting all his life decisions) *sighs*

They carried on with work and talked about themselves and got to know each other along with a few spontaneous outbursts of laughter. You could call it a fairly successful night.

Author's note:
OMG THANK YOU EVERYONE!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I HAVE 1.28k READS 🤯🤯
I SAW IT AND I WAS HONESTLY SHOCKED!!
I tried taking everyone's opinions into consideration so please continue to give me feedback and suggestions!! I know that I haven't updated in a while and I'm very sorry about it 🥺🥺
I will try my best to update more often!! But I am sure I won't keep you guys waiting more than a week for an update! I know that this chapter wasn't intimate or really that into their feelings either. I just wanted to bring more clarity and more depth into their relationship through this chapter... I hope that you guys liked the chapter!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!! 💓💓