08 ○ Mess and Madness

AKILAH
Mess and Madness

Seoul, South Korea: Planet Earth

"Don't celebrate just yet. Again!"

"Dependency is a cancer, Akilah."

"In order to survive, you must learn how to fight without your heart."

"Never tell them who you are."

"You're worth this fall, my love."

I woke up to a startle. My heart was racing fast as beads of sweat dripping down my temple. A nightmare. Again.

Though head was slightly spinning, I forced myself to rose from the bed.

Upon standing, I noticed that the floor was coated in white gold. Even the walls had a fair share of that luxury.

I was in a bedroom huge enough to host a party. The chandeliers attached to the carved ceiling have lit candles.

Those were the only source of light present, making the room a bit dim.

However, it did not heavily hinder my sight. I could still see, all thanks to the moonlight from the casement window.

There were stacks of antique plates, lamps, and amphorae orderly placed on shelving units like that in museums.

I then twirled and spotted one classic painting of a camp of golden-eyed bats. It was too colossal it almost occupied the entire wall behind the headboard.

This room alone speaks of one thing. Whoever owns this place is filthy rich.

Not wanting to pay any mind, I walked up to the glass window next to a book shelf housing piles of weighty tomes.

As I stood before the glass window, a panoramic view of the crossroads kissed my eyes. It was a sight to see.

Crowded streets. Urban lights. Silent night. Even darkness has beauty in it.

"Annyeong, aleumdaun."

(Hello there, beautiful.)

It was muttered by a voice so deep it made the bedroom feel a lot colder.

"Gyeongchiga jeulgeobnayo?"

(Are you enjoying the view?)

His language was foreign yet familiar to me. Must have heard it in K-drama series I used to watch. Korean, I think.

"Nasa South Korea ba ako?" Hinarap ko ang lalaki at kaagad nakuha ko ang kompirmasyon. He literally looked like those AI-ish leading men in K-dramas.

Silky hair. Bushy eyebrows. Narrow eyes. Sharp nose. Juicy lips. Kissable neck. Broad chest. Towering height.

He's casually garbed with an oversized black shirt and white shorts. Except for his color so pale he appears to be of no blood, there was nothing unusual with this guy. His eyeglasses suit him well.

I'm pretty sure I'm in Korea now.

Well, for one, I heard Xhyke speaking about going in Korea before I passed out in the jet. Where is that guy again?

Pati si Hyuna ay wala rin dito. I would understand if they had left me already, but I kind of hoped they waited until I gained consciousness. But who am I to demand? I don't even know those two.

Disregarding that thought, I faced the Korean guy once more. He is eyeing me as though I cited words that baffled him. When in fact, he did it to me first!