06 ○ The Furies

AENID
The Furies

Devian Battleship: Somewhere in Space

Throughout the years Zyghore spent in finding the runes, he forged himself warriors to be the same caliber as him.

He called us the Furies.

A legion of four Devian generals who swore to succor him in his apotheosis.

Each one of us is equipped with skills and knowledge advantageous in wars.

For centuries, from sunup to sundown, we are conditioned to stratagems and techniques to extract power and blood.

Planet after planet, we peregrinated in the pursuit of locating any of the runes.

Eventually, the cosmos became wary of us. No species of any kind can defy us.

We dominate. We annihilate. And then we flee. We are the faces of bestiality.

Elekto. A cloaked general who could command electricity at will. He uses thunderstorms to torture his targets. Battle wise, he is our primary offense.

Harev. A fearsome general who has got iron for a skin. Paired with his battle proficiency is his ability to manipulate metals. He is the armor of the Furies.

Xakros. A vicious general known to be the strongest among us. Physically, if I may add. Not a thing he cannot smash. He wields a double-edged chain sword.

Enter myself, Aenid. A wicked general who fights with two bladed fans. It is my wit that made me a significant link in the Furies. I likewise excel in battles.

However, among other things, it is the sharp needles fixed atop my head that create a vile impression to my foes.

Among the four, I am the most feared.

That said, I am certain that Zyghore took me in because of my unique skill.

A skill that I better keep undisclosed.

For now.

"Fascinating," Elekto murmured, eyes gazing at the screen showcasing the species who withstood our bombing.

Before the four of us is a giant screen that has been our eyes inside Earth.

It has been days since we sent Devian strollers to Earth. Zyghore powered those minions to locate the keepers through sensing the mystical essence from the runes that they are guarding.

For one, they tracked a female human.

I, then, had Elekto handle her.

One flick of Elekto's fingers brought a strong electric current, hitting Earth.

From space, it traveled at the speed of light and blasted one earthly vehicle.

An attack the female human survived.

That's when we have decided to keep an eye on her and bombed the tower where she was seemingly held captive.