Chapter 37: Don't Say Too Much

Start from the beginning

"Yeah?" He chuckled. "You're having a fit because I said you look different."

Justice swivelled around in her chair to face him behind her. "I am not having a fit!"

Justice cursed herself when she heard how many octaves her voice had risen. Angel, clearly amused with himself, moved over to her stopping in front of her.

"What are you doing?" She asked wearily looking up at him.

He let out a breathy laugh looking down at her. "Stand up."

"Why?" She shifted in her seat. 

Taking a step forward, he took her hand and hauled her up. "So I can take a good look at you."

The contact had her heart racing, and the way his eyes wandered over her made it worse.

Taking a step back, Angel allowed himself to really take her in. 

He wasn't lying when he said she looked different. Justice had changed, to him anyway. But in the best way. 

To him it felt as if he was seeing her for the first time all over again.

He let go of her hand and reached up to stroke one of her golden curls between her fingers. 

Her breath hitched as he tucked it back into place.

"I'm only messing with you." He said softly.

Distracted by the lack of distance between them, she looked up at him with furrowed brows. "What?"

"It's a good different. You look good. Better than I imagined you would."

Justice closed her eyes, willing herself to get it together.

He was too close.

He smelled too good.

His voice was too soft.

She needed to run but her feet were firmly planted where she stood and seemed to have no intention of taking her anywhere else.

In that moment, every feeling she had for him came rushing to the surface. It took everything in her not to throw herself at him and tell him how much she'd missed him.

But in contrast to that, she felt like she could throw up from the guilt. How dare she feel like this when she had Luc waiting back home.

Luc, who she had these incredibly intense feelings for. Feelings that brought her way out of her character.

"Just?" He called her softly.

She opened her eyes slowly, looking up into his green orbs.

God she loved the colour of his eyes.

She loved the colour of Luc's eyes too. And the way he looked at her.

Shaking her head, she took a step back.

Lightheaded and sweaty, she swayed slightly, grabbing on the table to hold her up.

"Angel," She warned, feeling the room start to spin. "Tell them."

Without delay, he scooped her up, shouting for Odessa to come into the room.

"It's happening?" She scurried in, followed by a few of her colleagues.

"From what I remember, her eyes will start to roll back and then it'll happen."

"Okay, quickly!" She beckoned him over to the chamber. "Lay her down. Benedict, attach the probes. Lacey, set up on the monitor."