Chapter 37: Don't Say Too Much

Justice glared across the room at Angel as he sat back with an amused smirk on his face.

How had it come to this?

She knew they'd somehow end up alone together eventually but never did she think it would be this soon, or under these circumstances.

Odessa tapped on the window of the observation room and gave Angel an expectant look.

"Begin!" She ordered through the speaker. Through what she'd been told by Angel and Justice, she had come to the conclusion that the only way to induce Justice into having a vision was to have Angel be the stimulus.

Justice sighed and reluctantly took a seat making sure she was a safe distance away from Angel.

"Well?" She started. "How do you wanna-"

"You look well." He said with a flutter inducing smile.

She swallowed. "Thanks. You too."

"Yeah?" He said brushing himself off. "Which part?"

"What?"

"Which part of me looks well?" He sat back with a smirk.

Sighing at his amusement, she shrugged.

"Your hair? You cut it. It suits you."

She wasn't lying. The Angel she remembered had a head of perfectly messy waves that he liked to run his hand through when he frustrated. When his hair was like that, she found him boyishly handsome. But now, his short fade gave him a rugged, brawny look. Not to mention the stubble around his jaw.

This was a man before her, and she wasn't entirely sure how to feel about it.

"That's it?" He asked snapping her out of her thoughts. Angel had gotten up and started to walk around the room pretending to be interested in the detailing of the wall panels.

"What about my body?" He asked playfully. Turning to face her, he flexed one of his arms. "I've been working hard you know. Switched up since you last saw me."

"I can see that," She tried not to smile. "How often do you work out?"

"Everyday. Without fail."

"Love the determination." She nodded.

"You look different."

She subconsciously put her hand to her cheek, frowning slightly. "Different how?"

"I don't know," He stopped and cocked his head to the side. "Just different."

She knew what he was doing. He was trying to bait her. He knew a comment like that would rile her up and he knew she was the type to bite his bait.

"But what does different mean?" She asked feeling herself becoming agitated. "Good different? Or bad different?"

He laughed and picked up one of the artefacts, throwing it between his hands. "Different means different!"

"Well, I see you're still as annoying as ever." She scoffed

"Why? Because I noticed something about you?"

"So it is something!" She squinted her eyes. "Like a specific thing, that you don't wanna say because you love the fact that you can get a rise out of me!"

"Why are you so upset?" He asked grinning.

Consciously lowering her voice, she answered, "I'm not upset."

"You seem upset." He raised a brow. "Still not matured after all this time."

She recoiled, slightly offended. "I am very mature actually."