Chapter 20: Aftermath Confusion

Justice woke up to darkness.

She felt like she was in a coma. She was awake but couldn't find the strength to open her eyes.

A slow pulsating ache ran through her body and there was a heavy sluggishness weighing her down like an anchor.

Trying hard, she blinked her eyes slowly. They opened slightly, taking a while for things to come into focus. She wasn't sure if it was because of how she was feeling or just because of how dark it was.

Feeling around to see where she was, she felt the soft silk beneath her fingers and realized that she wasn't in her bed.

Like clockwork, dread sunk in when she figured out where she was and what had happened before she blacked out.

Oh god ....

A light flicked on in the room and her gaze shifted to it before landing on Luc's figure sitting there in the darkness.

He sat at his desk, his face illuminated by the lamp light, his posture rigid and stiff as he sat perfectly still on the chair.

She was in his room.

In his bed.

Images flashed through her memory. His body on hers, his lips on her lips, his teeth on her skin.

"Oh god ..." she whispered closing her eyes.

When he said nothing, she looked back at him, suddenly unable to look away.

"You're awake." He said in a monotone.

"I'm awake." She repeated quietly.

He wasn't moving. He just sat there stationary, his eyes glued to her.

She cleared her throat slightly and tried to sit up. It took a lot of effort on her part but she eventually managed it, pushing herself back on the headboard so she could support herself.

"What happened?" She asked after a short but long pause.

He didn't answer her, instead he rose slowly and moved over to the door to switch on the light.

She shielded her eyes from the brightness, and once her eyes had adjusted to it, she took in his face.

God, it was like after their encounter he'd gotten more beautiful.

How long had she been out?

His eyes had returned back to their gloomy silver color, so different from the dark black orbs that he previously looked into her soul with.

His eyes raked over her, making sure that no part of her remained unseen and she wanted nothing more than to pull the duvet up over her face and cover herself.

Not wanting to be the subject of his penetrating gaze any longer, she looked down and tried her luck with the question again.

"What happened?" Only this time it barely came out as a whisper.

"You passed out." He said tightly.

She peeked up at him through her lashes, trying to decipher the emotion in his face. Was he angry with her?

"Oh." She said unable to look at him. "I ... uh ... I'm sorry. I'm gonna go now."

Slowly, she pulled her legs out from under the covers, thanking god that she was still fully clothed.
She carefully swung her legs over the mattress in a feeble attempt to get up and placed her feet on the ground.
And what an epic fail on her part because as soon as she stood up, the room started spinning in a way that left her nauseous.