Chapter 25: Self Control

A/N: Hate me!!! I know you do, but I have a chapter for you lovelies.

I could give you a bunch of excuses as to why I haven't uploaded but I'll spare you. If you're still rocking with me you're a G! *blows kisses*

Enjoy!

Luc was sat by her bed. He had been for hours.

Stationary. Not moving. Just watching her.

He didn't dare take his eyes off her. He was too scared to.

She should've been awake by now, it was going on 6 hours that she'd been out and if he hadn't been worried before, he certainly was now.

At least when she'd passed out in his bed, she'd given some indication that she was alive. That she was OK.

But not this time. She was dead still and the shallowness of her breaths was unnerving him.

The door creaked open behind him and he could hear his brother's footsteps approaching him.

"Bro," Gio said quietly.

Luc swallowed not trusting himself to speak. He was consumed by a rage that he was struggling to keep a hold of. He knew whatever happened to her wasn't Gio's fault but seeing him standing started a blazing fury inside him.

"Bro, it's been hours." Gio crouched down beside her bed. "We have to do something. We have to tell someone."

He scoffed, visibly annoyed. "Like who? Dad?"

Xavier looked down, sensing his older brother's hostility.

"You know that he will somehow try to make this my fault."

Xavier took a step towards him, "I honestly don't think he's gonna care about that; I mean, look at her-"

"I've been looking at her Giovanni!" He caught himself raising his voice and looked down to see if it had woken her.

It hadn't.

With a defeated sigh, he looked up at Gio who he recognised was just as concerned as he was.

"You're not moving her." He said quietly.

"Luc ..." Gio started but knew his efforts were futile. He could tell merely by his stance that Luc was in no position to be argued with.

"Fine. I'll be back to check on her later." He said quietly before he slipped out.

Once he was gone, Luc let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and knelt down gently beside her bed.

Looking up to the heavens, he sighed heavily; cursing himself in the process.

"The fuck am I about to do ..." He closed his eyes and reached out grabbing Justice's hand in his.

"Dear ... God. I don't even know if you're real. I mean, I've seen some fucked up shit in my life time but ... if you are? I need to you make her OK."

He looked down at her, taking in the beauty of her face as his stomach tied up in knots.

"She's good." He took a deep breath and ran a hand over his face. "OK, she's a good person. And I know it's my fault and I should've protected her but if you bring her back, I promise I'll never let anything like this happen again."

Luc rest his head down on the edge of her bed and sat there trying to make sense of what he'd just said and done.

He never prayed. In fact, he'd only ever done it once before and that was a part of his life that he couldn't allow himself to think about.