Chapter 27 : Honesty is Key

Justice couldn't sleep.
Her mind was swimming with everything that the witch had told her.
She desperately wanted to share it with someone but who could she trust?
Something told her that the witch had waited until she was alone for good reason.

She threw back her covers and sighed. Something bad was coming and she had a feeling none of them were prepared for it.

Loud banging on her door broke her out of her thoughts.
When Ava rushed in, she shot up in her bed.

"Ava? What is it? What's wrong?"

"It's master Luciano," she panted.

Justice was up immediately, grabbing her robe and slipping it on. "What? Is he okay?"

"No," she frowned, leaning against the door frame to catch her breath.

"Ava, you're scaring me." She panicked. "Where is he?"

Ava waved her hand. "He's in his room. He isn't hurt or anything, just acting strange."

"What do you mean?" Her brows furrowed.

"Well I think, I think he may be drunk." She looked slightly confused. "All I know is he's destroyed the majority of the kitchen and then stormed upstairs asking for you."

Her heart skipped. He asked for her?

"Okay let's go," she said following behind her.

Her heart raced with anticipation. He'd seriously asked for her? She cringed inwardly at how excited she was.

Get a grip bitch.

They arrived at her room and Ava knocked on the door rapidly before scurrying away down the hall.

The door was wrenched open and there stood a shirtless Luc, fury spread all over his face.

"What are you doing here?" His words slurred and justice noticed the bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand.

"Ava came and got me." She said in a small voice.

"I could kill her." He muttered under his breath. Stepping aside he let her inside.

Justice closed the door behind her as she watched him pour a drink into a tumblr and knock it back in one go.

"Is that helping you?" She asked nodded towards the bottle.

"With what?"

"Whatever it is that's bothering you?"

"Somewhat," He said eyeing her closely. "Well at least it was."

He poured another one and slammed the bottle down on the table.

"Why did you come?" He said after taking a sip.

"What?"

"Here. In my room. Why are you here?"

"You .. asked for me?" She said perplexed.

"But you didn't have to come. Why did you?"

She sighed folding her arms. "Should I not have?"

Luc knocked back his drink and roughly wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
"Why do you keep trying with me? Do you think you can change me? You think you can come in here with your innocence and turn my life around?"

"I don't want to change you." She frowned. Where was all of this coming from?

"You should." He said with a pained expression. "You don't know what I'm capable of. You don't know what I can do."