Chapter Five; Brawls and Rumours

Justice hid out all weekend. Not that she was feeling particularly social after what had happened. Her mum was still in the hospital resting. Stephan was being kept in holding until it was sure that charges were being pressed against him - however Justice was pretty sure that wouldn't happen. Her mother was an extremely forgiving person, always her downfall.  And on top of all that, as much as it perturbed her, her mind kept drifting back to a certain green eyed male.

The kiss.

Oh dear god. Every time she thought about it she fought the urge to plunge her face into something cushy and scream. Why had she let that happen? Why?
She wasn't even sure that she liked Angel like that. He was just a guy who had a knack for getting under her skin so why was she now in a constant state of daydream thinking about his lips?
How could someone so incessantly annoying have lips so soft?
Her face heated up so much at the thought  that she couldn't even face him. That's why when he showed up the next day to get her she practically begged Melody to tell him that she was super sick and couldn't come out.

Luckily, having Carlos around the house was a big distraction. It'd been a while since all 3 siblings had been under the same roof and it would be a lie if she said she wasn't enjoying it. Even with all the arguing between her siblings.

"So what makes you think you can move to my friends? I swear to god Melody, if you were a boy I would knock you out."

It was a Monday morning and they'd managed to get into an argument already.

"What is the big deal?"

"The big fuckin deal is that he's got a girl. And a baby." Carlos sat forward glaring at Melody who was rolling her eyes.

"Don't act like I'm the bad guy here. Your bredrin didn't exactly say no, did he?"

"Melody," he said pausing " I will box you you know."

"Guys?" Justice sighed and put down her glass of OJ. "Can you please just chill? It's way too early."

"Nah, but why couldn't you be like J? Why you gotta be a sket? Aren't you embarrassed of yourself?"

"Ah yes." Melody clasped her hands together bitterly. "I was waiting for this. Let's compare bad girl Melody to the angel on earth Justice."

"Melody." Justice said in a bored tone.

Melody was the queen of deflecting. Any time someone tried to address her ... indiscretions, she always tried to push the focus on to someone else or how unfairly she was treated.

"What?" She spat. "Just because I happen to be sexually liberated," Carlos made a noise to showcase his disgust but she chose to ignore him.
"And you happen to be little miss frigid, I should be ashamed and apologetic?"

Justice just rolled her eyes but couldn't help but think about how good melody would look drenched in her orange juice.

"Oh melody shut up man! You're a hoe and you need to fix up your life before you fuckin catch something." He said with a mouth full of bacon. "I'm making a stand now. I swear to god, if I hear about any more of your fuckin antics..."

"Sorry Dad."

He pointed at her and narrowed his eyes. "Carry on innit."

"I'm going to college." Justice said pushing her chair back.

"You want a lift?"

"No," She knew he'd only want to cuss Melody some more in the car and she couldn't have her head filled with all that so early in the morning. "I like walking. I'll see you later..."