Chapter 19

This is probably gonna be emotional... or not. Enjoy!

-

[12 years ago]

"Ugh." The girl jerked away her body from the dusty table. She then sighed, her head frantically turning around to see no one but her in the classroom. "Why am I the only one on duty?"

She squinted her nose, feeling that it was not fair.

She reached for her backpack, taking out her wet tissues as quick as possible. She needs to wipe the table clean before she go home, not that she would go straight home anyway. She had her own routine after class, enjoying her own time at the playground.

"Come on, come on." She began talking to herself, wiping the white layer of dust off the table's surface. The table was just taken out from the store room for the new kid in their class, though the kid was rumored to arrive the next day.

"Aigoo!" the 10 year old kid heavily sighed as she took a step back from the table and nodded her head in satisfaction to see how clean the table had become.

"Funny."

"Huh?" she turned around in a second, gasping to see a kid standing at the back door near where she was cleaning the table. It was a small sized boy, with a coconut-like hair cut and black framed glasses; he was just staring at her without any emotion on his face.

"Who... who are you?" She raised a brow, unfamiliar by the sight.

The boy didn't answer, but his eyes went to her name tag.

Moon Byul Yi.

Moon Byul noticed his gaze and covered her name tag. "Yah, what's your name and what are you doing here?"

The boy didn't answer; he was not so fond of talking, and he was always isolated so he never really knew how to make friends. The fact he managed to say one word out loud was already amusing. He knew that even with his outstanding smartness, he will never really be happy with just that. His parents would be happy, though.

Moon Byul frowned to see the boy not saying anything, just standing there clueless. She quickly read his name tag.

Min Yoongi.

"Yoongi." Her jawps dropped after remembering something. "Ah, you must be the new kid! Hello!!"

Moon Byul charged in front and offered her hand towards Yoongi. "I guess you already know my name. Nice to meet you, Yoongi-ah. Let's be friends."

The boy widened his eyes, truly shocked by her actions.

No one has ever called him 'Yoongi-ah'.

He stared towards her hand, thinking hard. If he takes her hand, will she really want to be friends with him? Will she still be nice to him if he doesn't talk that much? Would she change her mind once other people start isolating him?

"Yah, come on. It's just a handshake." Moon Byul suddenly took his arm and made him shake her hand, which was another shock for Yoongi. He stayed mute, even though his hard was racing like crazy because he was so nervous.

"By the way, I just finished cleaning your table! Why are you here at this time though?"

Yoongi glanced at his newly cleaned table, and back to Moon Byul. He cleared his throat, trying to push himself to say something even though his head was wrapped with a bunch of uncertainties about their conversation.

"Books." He finally said. "To put my books."

"Ah... You wanna put them in your locker, huh?" Moon Byul nodded her head. "Go ahead."