Chapter 10

I must have heard it wrong.

Yes, I must've.

After being shoved with the dress and trying it on in this small dressing room that I didn't know was attached to the studio, a whole bunch of assumptions played in my head.

Was he trying to be nice? Or was he just saying that so I couldn't refuse? Or... or maybe he says things like that to every girl he meets?

I don't know which option is even worse!

I looked up in the mirror on the wall, frowning hard to see myself in such a feminine attire. Gladly he chose something not too revealing, but it showed my collarbones alright. I bit my lower lip as I adjusted my hair position.

I have no idea how I look like right now; whether it was good or bad. I guess wearing something pretty does not grant you the power to be beautiful too?

Because I've never felt beautiful.

"Yah, how long do girls take to change clothes?" Yoongi's call made me bit my lips harder, worried of how he will see me in this. Please, just don't say bad things right at my face.

"Are you really sure you want to see me in this?" I croaked, still hesitant.

"Technically, I want to see the dress."

Ah. Right. Stupid me.

He's not even paying attention to me, so why am I so afraid?

"Okay, a sec."

I glanced at the mirror one last time and took a deep breath. It's now or never!

I exited the dressing room, slowly closing the door behind me to see Yoongi adjusting his tripod stand with his back facing me.

Gosh, should I call him? Man, that's awkward!

"Em..."

But before I could clear my throat, Yoongi slightly turned his head and noticed me. He glanced again, and this time his eyes stayed on me.

I could feel this sudden adrenaline rush and crazy beat drumming in my chest as I licked my chapped lips in anxiousness. I clutches the dress tight, scared to fall over due to being so anxious.

Yoongi just stared for a few seconds, his lips straight without a smile. Then he turned away like nothing happened and continued adjusting the tripod stand.

Huh?

"Come forward to the white background, I want to see how it looks through this camera." He said in his usual monotone, which made my heart dropped.

Well, I wasn't expecting something very pleasant but I also wasn't expecting something this... ignorant.

"Sure." I answered without another word and made my way to the huge white background. I tried to stand naturally, looking everywhere but Yoongi.

"Erm, you're so quick at setting this background up..." I tried to sound calm, despite trembling inside. "How long have you been in the photography field?"

I tried to look at Yoongi, who had his head tilted as he checked the camera.

He was quiet for a few seconds.

"Long enough..." His lips formed a straight line. "Sadly I couldn't take it as my main course."

"Eh?" I raised my brows. "Wait, so you're not taking photography as your major?"

"Sadly, no." He chuckled softly, now standing straight but his eyes were still glued to the camera. "My parents had different plans for me, but thankfully they couldn't stop me from creating a club of my own interest, since being the club president will boost my resume." 

My eyes slightly widened at the new fact. The way he said it so calmly made him look mature, but at the same time I could feel this utter sadness coming from his words. The way he lets out a very faint sigh at the end of his sentence pulled a string in my heart. It was more than just the normal crush heartthrob. It was kind of like a string of emotional attachment that keeps pulling me towards him, knowing that I could empathise with how he felt.

"You're doing great, sunbaenim. You're doing so, so great."

Yoongi's stopped what he was doing and instantly lifted his head up, his eyes looking straight at me with this baffled expression.

Meanwhile, I was mentally taken aback by myself too. Where the heck did I get that ounce of courage? Ommo, this is not a K-drama girl! You're crazy!

I gulped, my mind frozen.

Yoongi looked into my eyes long enough to make me freeze even more because I had no idea why he was staring at me for so long.

What is this?

All of a sudden, he smiled. Not too big though, just his usual faint smile. But somehow, it got a ton much familiar than usual.

"Thanks." He muttered, lowering his gaze. "But just call me Yoongi, I know you're older."

"Ah." I licked my lips and swiped away the hair that fell over my face. "I-"

The door burst opened.

"OMMO! I'M SO LATE, SO SO SORRY GUYS!"

Both me and Yoongi couldn't help but to stare at the sweating Park Chanyeol as he gasped for air while falling to the floor.

"THE ELEVATOR JAMMED, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE! IT TOOK THEM 20 MINS TO GET ME OUT!" He whined like a little kid, his back now on the floor and his legs high in the air. He began kicking the air like he was cycling a invisible bicycle. "AND I WAS ALL ALONE! OMMAAAAA!!"

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" I hurried over, frowning hard as I inspected him. "Ommo, you're sweating so much!"

"Uwaaa~" he closed his eyes, ranting a few words I couldn't catch, and soon opened his eyes again. When he spotted what I was wearing, he immediately sat straight as he stared at the dress.

"YAH? Isn't that one of the dresses?"

"Ah... yeah."

"Ommo, it looks good on you, Byul Yi!" He suddenly folded his arms to his chest and even folded his legs. He nodded his head while pouting enthusiastically. "Why don't you just become our model?"

His words felt more like punches than actual words.

"No! That's crazy!" I almost shrieked. "Ah, I'm going to change now!" I stormed off to the dressing room to change back into my normal clothes. My cheeks were burning out of embarrassment. One more second in this dress and I will burst like a squashed grape!

Yes, I'm referring to grapes because my hair is purple, so what?

Anyways!

This is going to be a long day. Plus the fact that I had these very weird moments with Yoongi and will be with him during the whole photoshoot for the whole day-

Oh my freaking grape juice.

-

A/N:

Babababam.

Do you guys perhaps like a story about superpowers? :) comment and vote please! Stay safe!