Chapter 3

"All of them are boring."

Yongsun turned at me and nodded. "I can't agree more. There's nothing here that I'm interested in."

I just wriggled a brow and stared at the long line of club booths across the students's walkway. Clubs are opening their registration to freshies and we're supposed to register in at least one club, but I none were able to caught my eye.

"Hey, my class in starting in half an hour, I gotta go first." Yongsun said after checking her wristwatch. She looked up, searching in panic for a club to register. "Well, look at that! UPT  looks okay, what do you say?"

She pointed at one of the booths right in front of us, and I squinted my eyes to read the name.

"University... Peer... Team?" I frowned and stared weirdly at Yongsun. "What the heck is that?"

"Um... I guess it's a team of people having a deep bond with each other? Maybe even organise events, I guess?"

"Er... Okay."

"Okay, I'm just gonna sign up for that. What about you?"

I gulped. No way I'm having a deep bond with strangers in my first semester!

"Nope, I'm cool. I'll look for another club while looking around. My class has already ended for the day."

"Lucky you!" Yongsun pouted.

"I know."

She rolled her eyes, and I laughed. It's funny how we both know how to annoy each other so successfully.

"Alright, wait for me!" She said and hurried over to the UPT booth, where she was welcomed by a group of boys and girls happily grinning at her presence. I just smiled faintly, knowing that Yongsun is naturally very pretty and lovable. I guess we became close friends because we're just so opposite with each other, but yet complete each other.

The girl with everything beautiful and the girl with everything plain.

And once again, I gave out a long sigh. Just thinking about my existence hurts, but what in the world could I possibly do about it?

I'm nothing special.

I immediately ran my eyes all over other places, trying to stop the thoughts from consuming me and ruining my mood.

'I need shadows to hide in', that's what I usually say to myself. You know, sometimes we give ourselves metaphors or inside jokes because only our inner self understands it.

Okay, that got weird but never mind me.

As I was busy diverting my eyes everywhere, my gaze decided to land on a figure standing in between two booths. I could only see his back, but I instantly knew who it was.

Funnily, my heart felt like there were being pulled.

I couldn't remove my gaze away from the boy who was on the phone, only showing his back.

He wore a grey hoodie jacket, his hair let down without any style. He was still standing back while talking on the phone when Yongsun came back, and I pretended not to see him as we walked pass by.

But my mind was thinking only about him.

What is this?

"Hey, it's my OC." Yongsun's statement made my heart beat faster, knowing that she knows him. He wasn't looking back but Yongsun could recognise his side profile when he was looking around. Yongsun lifted a hand to greet him but he didn't see it and turned back around.

"Um, he looks busy." Yongsun shrugged. "Anyways, do you know he's younger than us? Damn! I was hella shocked when I found out!"

"Huh?!" I legit frowned in confusion. "Th- that guy is actually younger?"

"Yeah, by one year!" Yongsun sighed. "Ommo, we're so old, Byullie-ah!"

I gulped, this time not because I was feeling old, but because I was too taken aback by his age. So, he is a kid.

"Oh my, I need to go now. My lecturer will lock the class if I don't come on time."

"Ah, geurae, I'll accompany you to your class and leave."

"Yeay!" She squealed in excitement and we continued walking pass by the booths.

And I was still thinking about Yoongi when I turned my head to steal a glance at him for the last time.

Then I realised he was looking back at me too.

-

A/N:

Will probably make every chapter shorter and mysterious since I want it to be very light.

Help vote and comment, would like to hear from yall again! Oh, and I'll ask a question in every chapter again. Feel free to comment!

Q1. What is the best quote/song lyrics you've heard from KPOP idols? You can give multiples answers, ofc!