Chapter 12: Favor

Start from the beginning

She falls back still managing to parry every blow, as Cardin attempts to capitalize on the distraction. Pyrrha opens fire again but this time Cardin deflects the bullets with his own weapon.

He charges at her only to be met with a knee to the chin, the two clash with Cardin receiving several hits. Russel ducks in under Cardin for a surprise attack, but also proves himself unable to wear her down.

Pyrrha dodges every slash then hits him with her shield, Dove moves in after Russel is knocked to the ground.

After a couple of deflected swipes, he fires on her with his weapon but she is able to bull right through using her shield. Although he is able to avoid her attack, Dove finds himself knocked out of the fight by an errant swing from Cardin, who moves in for another assault.

Pyrrha knocks Cardin into the air and then leaps after him. Cardin blocks a few hits but she quickly maneuvers herself to slam him into the ground.

Glynda: And that's the match.

Cardin: Lucky shot.

He then passes out.

Glynda: Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament.

Pyrrha: Thank you, professor.

Glynda: (Tapping her scroll) Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match.

Glynda: Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?

I look to see Blake almost on the verge of passing out.

Y/N: (Gonna have to do something)

Glynda: You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -

Y/N: (raises her hand) I'll do it.

Glynda: Very well, let's find you an opponent.

Y/N: Um, if it's not too much trouble could I fight Ms.Nikkos?

Glynda: I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner.

Pyrrha: No, it's fine! I'd be happy to oblige.

Y/N: (Yes! Now this will be great training)

I grab Amaya and head to the stage.

Yang: You got this!

Weiss: Don't get too carried away!

Ruby: Represent Team RWBY!

Blake: Fight well!

Jaune: You got this Pyrrha!

I ready my Pistols as Pyrrha readies herself too.

Glynda: Begin!

I start running while firing multiple shots at her only for Pyrrha to deflect and block my shots.

Y/N: (She's got a strong defense)

She rushes at me as I barely dodge a strike from her spear leaving an opening as I land a shot on her leg and kick her away to gain some distance.

I gather some water and launch two blasts at her.