Training

Foxes are territorial animals, they didn't mind expansion, but it took them a few days to warm up to the new space, and it was the same for Naruto. Walking around the dark grey and black home, in nothing but underwear and a large shirt with long sleeves he stumbled into the kitchen. He decided to make breakfast while getting used to a home that didn't have holes in the wall.

He also enjoyed sleeping in a place were drunks weren't constantly beating on his door, or bottles shattering against his thin walls, however the home only had him and his husband, and he didn't even sleep in the same room as his supposed his husband. He took a week to get use to a home and decided to start his training.

His lack of skill was evident, so he would calmly place a meal in front of his husband, and ask him to help him train, he needed a Sensei, and while Kurama could help him with a specialty, the basics was something he needed help on.

He heard a grunt and footsteps coming, Naruto quickly turned around and spoke.

"Can you help me train?" Naruto said looking at the male who's spiky hair was going in every direction, who wore no shirt because apparently the shirt he wore ended up on his wife, and in shorts. The male leaned against the counter, while Naruto drunk in the size difference between him and the male.

His husband yawned, and opened his eyes and spoke.

"When I have no missions, sure." Naruto smiled happily, and handed him a plate.

"Breakfast?" Naruto said, and Madara took the plate and hummed.

"Yeah, thanks." Naruto smiled and made him a plate and placed all the dirty dishes in the sink. He called out calmly.

"Coffee, tea or water?" Naruto asked, and Madara spoke.

"Tea, No milk no sugar." Naruto almost gagged, was his husbands tastebuds dead? He hoped not because then he couldn't compliment his cooking.

"I like it strong." Naruto heard Madara say behind him as he made their tea, Naruto gave a chuckle. His husband was still hard to read, nice to him but that face is scary if you didn't know him.

"Here." Naruto placed the tea in front of Madara while Naruto drunk his that was doused with sugar and milk.

Breakfast was quiet, but nothing awkward. Naruto calmly ate while talking to Kurama, who was the demon sealed into him.

His father actually made him a Jinchuriki, and it was funny that his mother who wasn't supposed to die, died five years later because she was sent on a mission she wasn't supposed to be on.

He hated this village.

However Kurama was nice, and talked to him. Told him what his mom was like when she was growing up. Kurama was the reason why Naruto always healed after a bad beating instead of dying, however Naruto could also thank his Uzumaki longevity as well.

"Breakfast was good." Naruto broke from his musings to see that Madara ate his food and only leaned back to sip his drink, Naruto suddenly wasn't hungry.

"Thank you. I taught myself how to cook. When I first started, I would start small fires and put them out with water." Naruto said shyly, and Madara chuckled.

"I don't believe it, I still can't cook and I'm thirty one." Naruto hummed and took their plates.

"I'll cook for you, you can't burn down this nice kitchen." Madara hummed. Placing his cup in the sink, stretching over Naruto.

"True." Madara whispered into Naruto's ear and watched as his cheeks heated, Madara smiled and stepped back.

"I'll get dressed and meet you at the training ground." Naruto shot back a quick response and started cleaning the dishes with a rapid beating heart.

"I told you, you'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"He's not like the other Uchiha's. I can tell."

"Okay."

Naruto finished the dishes and went to get dressed, but he realized he had no ninja clothes because up until recently he was a civilian. He just put on something that felt like he could move in, and went to meet Madara. When he opened the door he yelled and ducked and missed a few Shurikens.

"Good instincts, a shame you didn't get any training." Naruto looked at his husband with a glare, he wanted to murder Madara.

"Good, try and murder me." Madara tossed a Kunai, and Naruto grabbed it and ran at him.

His form was surprisingly good. Not as good as Madara's but for somebody who didn't get any ninja training, Naruto was hardly making mistakes, he wasn't in a proper stance, but Naruto was moving like an animal.

"Sometimes I wonder if you can read my thoughts." Naruto said, calmly as he watched Madara's movements carefully.

Naruto was calculating, and Madara felt something like pride flutter in his chest. His wife was smart, a little brash but that's what a Uzumaki is.

"I can't, but your body language is open. I can read you like a book." Madara dodged a swipe to his cheek, to think that sparring with Naruto for a couple hours, could generate this response.

A genius.

His wife was a Shinobi genius.

"Can I kill you now." Madara hummed. Watching as Naruto grew a little tired.

"You can't, surpass me and you might be able too." Naruto grumbled, and continued, trying to swipe at Madara. Missing wildly,  Naruto Kunai fell from
His hand, and Madara stood with a drop of sweat falling from his forehead as Naruto panted, hands on his knees, he noticed Naruto wasn't in Shinobi attire, only to realize he didn't have any.

Naruto watched as Madara walked away to set up targets, and grab more Kunai's and Shurikens.

Weapons were the base of ninjas. You didn't have to master them, just become efficient enough to throw your opponent off, an upper hand if you will. However Madara had full faith that Naruto will pick this up . Dropping the Shurikens and Kunai's Madara explained.

"Hit the first target with a Kunai and Shuriken in the middle before moving on to the next target." Naruto grumbled, knowing that this was going to take him all day. Madara hummed.

"What's your size? Small or extra small?" Naruto huffed and tossed the Shuriken.

"Small, Medium if the sizes smaller than usual. Why." Naruto asked as he continued and Madara hummed.

"I'll be right back. This should take you all day anyways." Naruto grumbled and continued his training, knowing the exams would be here before he knew it, and that meant he had to be promoted to Chunin or all that talk would have been for nothing.

Madara went grab his wife some Shinobi attire while Naruto spent the day perfecting his tosses.

*