I Need You So,

"kat, go eat some food. staring at me won't change anything." mom rolled her eyes.

"i'm not hungry." i grumbled. what a perfect fucking time for my stomach to growl. mom snorted and gave a look to ei, who sighed.

"kat, let's eat something." he stood up and grabbed my hand.

"fine." i stood up with him. "love you mom, see you in a minute."

"love you too, you little rat." she snorted as we left the room.

"let's go to a restaurant, yeah? danny's?" ei asked, leading me out to the front exit/entrance.

"sure, we have to get something for my mom too." i shrugged. "she loves danny's waffles and bacon."

"alright kat," ei swung an arm around my shoulder and planted a kiss on my cheek before i got in the passenger seat. "let's get this show on the road."

danny's wasn't very far so we could quickly get in and out, but ei disagreed. he insisted that we dine in and bring food back for mom. something about the authenticity of the experience. so we went in, but i still intended on being quick and scarfing my food down.

"hello! table for two?" the seater stood in the sitting area of the entrance.

"yes, thank you." ei smiled and we were led to a small booth. ei looked around and got an idea. "the others could come here and we could eat breakfast!"

"you mean our friends?" i snorted. "you can't go anywhere with them, they're night people."

"even if they do get out of pocket, sero and i can still tone you three down." kiri reasoned. i put a hand on his and gave him the most authentic, yet condescending smile there was.

((pretty much this:

"ei, i love you..." i said. "but there's no controlling them."

"message received." ei sighed, reaching for a menu. "do you know what you want?"

"chocolate chip pancakes." i answered, never even looking at the menu. "it's what i used to get."

"you've been here before?" ei asked.

"i used to come here when my mom and my dad were still together." i moved my hand and rested it against my cheek, leaning onto it. "I always hated what my mom got and she always tried to feed me it."

"what was it?"

"banana batter pancakes." i scowled, sticking my tongue out. "i hate bananas."

"you love my banana." ei winked.

"it's like 11am." i glared. "stop being horny."

"it's 1pm." ei sighed. "your perspective of time is so off. did you even go to sleep last night?"