Chapter 12

I don't care, anymore, my mom and Paul are dead, I don't have much more to lose. Who would I know that would have some stuff? If I can get rid of some of the ghosts, I'll be fine. I just won't kill anyone or hurt anyone. I'm not who I was when I was young, I'm not a killer. I went back to the Poseidon cabin, that was rebuilt almost as quickly as it was taken down.

I was surprised when I saw liquor, many different type of drugs that were more than likely mixed by people, and cigarettes. I locked my door, shutting all the blinds as well. I grabbed a lighter nervously, putting the cigarette in my mouth. I've never smoked, never wanted to, so I really didn't know what I was doing other than what I've seen Gabe do.

I took a deep breath of the chemicals, coughing, but I didn't stop. I drank like there was no tomorrow either, I kept going until smoke covered the room and I was nearly out of beer. More and more beer and cigarettes appeared, like the ghosts were cheering me on. Doing it once doesn't make me addicted.

Pop some pills

I don't know where that thought came from, but I listened. I put two pills into my hands, I couldn't die, not yet. Tossing the pills into my mouth, I used beer to swallow, and things got fuzzy. There was pounding on the door, but I couldn't bring myself to open it, they were just going to yell at me.

I surprised myself by vomiting on the floor and collapsing. Things were fading, but I strained to stay awake. The door fell, and people ran in, I couldn't really see, my senses were messed up. "Percy!" I heard Annabeth yelled, and everything stopped. The look of disappointed and despite on her face hurt.

"Annabeth." I groaned, straining to stand up while the others tried getting me up. "I'm sorry." I said, stumbling. She hugged me tightly, and I cried into her shoulder, shaking. "I need to get rid of them, I can't handle this." I cried, but I don't think she understood much of what I said, my words were slurred.

When I woke up, I was in the infirmary surrounded by my friends. I must not have been out long. Last thing I remember is taking the pills?

"Percy, what's the last thing you remember?" Will asked, all doctor like, and the others all looked at me expectedly. I looked down at my hands nervously.

"Taking some pills." I gulped nervously. My throat was dry, my head was pounding, and seeing things clearly was not what was happening. "Can I get some water?" I asked, pressing the heel of my hand into my leg.

"Do you know what kind they were?" Will asked, and I shook my head.

"They appeared in my cabin." I claimed, the events of yesterday appearing in my head. My mom and Paul are dead. "They're dead, aren't they?" I asked, and I didn't even need clarification, nobody wanted to say anything anyways. I stood up, and nobody stopped me. I was going to repeat what I did yesterday until I was addicted, one of the ghosts will leave then.

A month later-

"What are we going to do about-?"
"He needs-!"
"What he needs is-!"
"Stop the-"
"He needs us!"

This wasn't the first argument I heard, I knew they were talking about me. I succeeded in my mission, to get addicted, but to more things than I planned. They all want to get me help but they don't know how to. They don't understand that I don't want help, I want to get rid of the ghosts.

"Guys! Enough!" I shouted angrily. They always argued when I was in the room beside whatever room they were arguing in! They all looked at me in shock, sure, I was a little drunk, maybe a bit high as well, but I was walking and thinking fine, whatever they may think.

"Percy! You have an addiction! We're trying to help you!" Annabeth said, almost pleadingly. I sighed, rubbing my face aggressively.

"Lock me in a room with someone for a week or two without any alcohol or drugs, the other person would be there to make sure if the ghosts do place more stuff, I don't use it. Simple solution people." I said like it was a simple solution. I put a cigar between my lips and lit it casually, and the others weren't impressed. I couldn't bring myself to care, it's not their business.

  "If you want to get rid of these ghosts, we'll help with what we can. Another one that doesn't involve someone getting hurt is your deepest secret." Piper said suggestively. I nodded, shrugging. What's my deepest secret? Previously, I thought I had revealed it, but apparently not.

   "Um, deepest secret, uh. Let me think." I said, sitting there calmly, but it was obvious they were all getting antsy. "I'm not actually Poseidon's son." I said, and they looked like they didn't believe me. "Well not by birth anyways. He did love my mom, but she was raped by someone else during that summer, and Poseidon blessed her and adopted me." I explained, and they were bewildered.

   "How is your mom so okay?" Annabeth asked slowly and I sighed.

  "She was passed out at the time, she still thinks I'm Poseidon's biological son. Poseidon's told me a year or two ago what happened." I said, biting my cheek. Nobody said anything, and I checked the list.

Reveal deepest secret ✔️

   "So that's dealt with. I can handle three ghosts now." I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

"And which 3 are left?" Frank asked me, looking at me carefully as I rubbed my face.

"I only know Gabe, the other two will probably send clear signs in the next minute, creepy ghosts eavesdropping." I scoffed, lighting another cigarette, well, at least that was the plan, Piper slapped it out of my mouth, and took the pact I had, throwing them in the garbage, and I whined.

"Don't whine, lets just worry on slowing down the addiction before ending it." Piper said, rolling her eyes at me, and I raised my hands in defence.