Jenette Laine | 23

After the music ended, Jess and I went to sit on the bench outside. Brianna was with Jake Hudson, the cute football starter she'd been crushing on. Maeson had been flirting religiously throughout the night, so she could be with anyone, and Lisa was with Nathan, a kind black guy with a strong build, who had to be almost 2 feet taller than her. Megan was with her "almost boyfriend" Ben Lenin, another football jock.

"You okay?" I asked Jess, knowing she hadn't talked a lot during the night. She nodded but looked as if she thought about saying something. "I just feel embarrassed that I didn't get asked to dance."

"They're probably just intimidated by your beauty," I said, nudging her shoulder. "You're gorgeous, Jess, I promise. Plus I didn't get asked either, so at least we're in it together."

She smiled and looked at me. "So Logan didn't ask you?" I pursed me lips and sighed. I'd been asked if him and I were a thing three times this week.

"Sorry," she laughed, reading my expression. "You two have just got a lot of chemistry. "

"Yes, only because we've got that class together!" We laughed and then it got quiet. I observed the night sky, twinkling stars scattered about. Crickets chirped accordingly and leaves fluttered by, carried by the crisp wind.

"So there is really nothing going on?"

I shook my head. "He's in a relationship. Besides, he's a player. I've already gotten my experience with his kind."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked, kicking her feet out. When I shook my head, she sighed.

"I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but you should stay clear of our group tonight. They're pl-" Jess was interrupted by the sudden opening of the doors and people fluttering past.

"What?" I asked, looking at her. She began to say something when Maeson exited the building. "Hey, girls! Who's ready to have some real fun?"

I turned to Jess again but she seemed to have already forgotten what she was going to say.