(34) - Pending

Dedicated to @ExoM06 @bullu25 @Azileia12 @ReeLetlon @HopeGoodrich @raspberrybook and @Darksider23 for voting. 

Unedited. 

~

I cried. I cried until there was nothing left. It's been two days since I last saw Marcello, two days of the horrid weeping in my bed. My eyes were puffy and red, dark bags were forming under my eyes. I hadn't sleep a wink nor did I try to fix my messy state.

I texted Marcello sorry, called him thousands of times. None in which he picked up. Issac stayed with Nessa over the past two days, it was a rash decision and I'll I wanted was to be there for him but I couldn't. Not when my heart was literally screaming. 

I was torn - I felt guilt and I felt for Marcello. I worried about him constantly, more along the lines if he was okay. 

I wasn't okay and I knew for a fact, Marcello was far from okay. He found out about Issac before I even had the chance to tell him. Thoughts and multiple theories came to mind, but none came to the actual truth. Did someone tell him? Did he overhear us?  

I honestly did not know the answer to the question and I was busy mopping around and feeling sorry for myself, Ness offered to take care of Issac. I knew that she would but that wasn't the point. I had dragged my best friend into a mess, my mess and I felt even more guilty about it. I never want for Issac to see my meltdown because it was as horrible as describe it. 

I haven't showered in days, I smelled like a trashy rat down in an old, rusty subdue wet basement. My hair was a mess, I didn't bother with soothing it out. It was frizzy and knotted, I hated how I looked. With a groan, I forced my legs to move and bathe. I was gross and depressed, it was the only thing I could do at the moment. 

Marcello wasn't answering, causing constant worry for him. I just wanted him to be okay. I exhaled. It been two days, Autumn. 

Go to your son. 

~

Marcello's POV

I was furious but most of all hurt. I was so angry at Autumn the night of the gala, I drove off not bearing another minute of the weeping woman, the mother of my child. I want to believe Issac's my son because in many ways he simply just is. 

Blood or not. He is. Autumn speculates it, unsure if the boy's father was ever me. I think back to the rooftop bar, a hazy memory of a moaning woman underneath me as I take her. It's a blur and hate myself for getting drunk so easily, for being influenced by the rawness of alcohol and never recognizing the brunette beauty all those years ago. 

If I never gotten too drunk, I would've found Autumn sooner and maybe just maybe been the  father figure Issac wanted. And maybe be the man they both love. 

I shake my head, cussing myself at such thoughts. I can't change past. It's the simple truth. What I can do is change what happens now. My fury Autumn does not go away... it eventually will I know that. What never will go away is my feelings for her. 

She's everything I ever wanted. I meant what I said. She's everything and she made a mistake, the biggest mistake of her life, yes but she's also the flawed woman I came to know. 

As I stand, in this bright shiny weather, at her doorstep, I want to know everything else. I want to know the truth and I also want to see the blonde haired boy with crystal blue eyes. The similar blue eyes I see in my mother, Angelina. 

For moments, there silence until a pair of footsteps echo behind the door. The door opens abruptly, an exhausted and sadden Autumn appearing in the doorway as she motions a giggling Issac to shush with a pointed finger to her lips. She softly chuckles, her beautiful smile coming light. She hasn't noticed me and for a second I regret coming.