(20) - Unofficial Date

Dedicated to @JohaniSmith @HoneeyBabyyyy @miss_juveriya @ShreyaShrivastava3 @LiletbethLinga @mamabear-trio @DecyDavid001 @wendyyannlove @marjorie_tagiloa2566 and @Estivaly_aldana for voting.

Thank you guys so much for voting, it means so much as well as comments. Above is our very own Autumn and Marcello if you didn't know already. Well, anyways enjoy!

~
I stood there puzzled and confused. Surely, this man was hot and seductive with his crescent lush eyes and sex appeal. Regardless, a question from him didn't change my curiosity.

According to my calculations, he was by far one of the sexiest men I have seen in my life. Why did he ask me out of all people? He could have any woman gravel at his feet with one look.

Was he making a joke or was he genuine asking me out? It was utterly shocking, to say the least.

It must have been a joke. I speculated but I couldn't tell, because his eyes told a different story. There were no signs of mischief and were replaced with seriousness and other emotions I couldn't decipher.

I wasn't an idiot. I would be if I turned him down.

But the matter of reason was I was broken and filled with insecurities to not okay with the fact that this one hell of a sexy man wanted me.

Unfortunately, the extremely hot ones are the guys who would break your heart in an instance and degrade you all like the women they were with before.

He looked to be one of those guys. The guys you would end up falling in love in a flash, rejecting it once he said the words. The words that ended it all, the hot brief romance you always wanted but never even knew you wanted it.

I couldn't be sure because I didn't know him and it would be too quick to judge but I didn't want to take that chance.

The chance to be proven otherwise, it was better to think all guys were jerks to avoid sappy regret and disappointment.

I wouldn't be different in this case. I would be like the rest, with inspiring hopes to be with the perfect guy and then for some reason be dumped or in another case be 'cheated' on again.

"I'm sorry, I'm not interested." I choke the words, not looking back for his facial recognition.

I wasn't too sure if his pride was hurt or if he was angry but I couldn't care less. As mean as it sounds, I had to get home to Issac and reject him as soon as possible.

Looking up to see cold raindrops crashing down the hazed streets of New York, I cuss at my luck and my dress attire. I didn't have an umbrella or a jacket, stupid me was wearing heels and a skirt.

Of course, it would be raining.

Really Autumn? You couldn't check the forecast.

Baffled and frustrated, I hug myself and my purse to my chest hoping it would spare me some warmth from the blazing weather.

I had no choice but to take a cab. To be walking in the streets was asking for death sentence.

I couldn't afford to be sick now mainly because of Sarah. If I didn't finish my workload, I will lose my job and be replaced. The department was competitive and brutal, they couldn't care less where you stood in life other than the fact if you got the job done.

Harsh but it's life.

Scouring the streets, cabs we're taken by fellow employees and bystanders rushing to get out of the rain, seeking coverage as they ran fast as they can.

"Taxi!" I signal for the yellow car to take me home before the rain starts to pour harder.

I yell again, only to be shaken when a heavy coat was set on my shoulders.