(16) - He Meets Him

Dedicated to @Lily_9_2004 and @twolittleblackbirds for voting. Doing more dedications in the next chapter. 💞💕

Marcello's POV

I was shocked to say the least when I saw a little blond haired boy tugging my dress pants. His little hands touched my legs, holding onto them as he didn't want to let go and his grin smiled up at me like I was some type of hero making me feel all bullshit of things. I lost it when asked me to hold his hand.

Me, Marcelo Nico de Bassi, multi-dollar billionaire, ruthless and cold hearted, don't give a flying fuck about anything, just cared.

I was flabbergasted that this little boy asked me that, didn't he know not to talk to strangers.

But nevertheless, he looked adorable and sweet which was surprising and odd for me. I had an speculation that kids were annoying and bratty but this boy was no where near that.

I bend down to his level as he looked at me, grinning mischievously, he giggles.

What is he up to? In a flash, catching me by surprise he grabs my hand trying to run with it as the street light turned green. I laugh silently and walk him across the street. He cutely jumps, looking at the distance.

We reach the end of the street, standing in the sidewalk. The little boy slowly lets go of my hand, his body movements saying he wanted to hold it longer.

He covers the sadness with a smile, thanking me, as he walks the other direction. His a little bag hanging over his shoulder, which was almost as big as him. I let out a small chuckle. Looking at him as he hums and skips playfully along he leaves me confused.

And worried. All thoughts of happiness leave when I realize this little boy was alone.

Where was his mother and his father? Shouldn't they be taking care of their kid instead of doing whatever god knows what.

Instinctively, I get angry. Angry that his parents weren't in the picture and probably didn't give a damn about him.

But then again I could be wrong. He could be lost looking for his parents but why does he seem so calm and careless? A million questions hit me like a ton of bricks.

I pull out my phone out of my pocket, texting my secretary, Rebecca, to cancel all the board meetings I had for today. Not wanting the little boy to be alone and unattended I cleared everything I needed to do. I wasn't going to walk away and pretend I didn't see him.

I needed reassurance. I needed him to be safe. I look in the direction the little boy went to, only to find him not there. He was there like a second ago. Was he that fast? Where did he go?

He couldn't be that far, he was tiny.

Scanning the streets, I didn't t see the little guy. Out of nowhere, floods of people on the streets round up, filling almost every free space on the sidewalk. Fuck.

Paranoid and worried, I ran a hand through my hair. I was scared of shits if something happened to the little guy. "Buddy, where are you?!"

Strangers in the streets were looking at me weird, confusion written on their faces but I didn't care. All I cared about was finding him.

A minute quickly turned into five and then into twenty. Twenty minutes had passed and there was still no sign of the little guy. I was hysterically freaking out and worried. I knew right then and there that I was not leaving without him.

He's a boy first off. He's lost in a city with no adult and the thought alone didn't put me in ease. New York was a crazy city, each way and street was cluttered with people. Dangerous people. Who knows what fucking crazy psycho could do with him?!