She brings out her phone and dials Brody, her older brother.

It begins to ring and after what feels like forever, he picks up.

"Hey, little sis." She smiles at hearing his familiar voice. She's missed hearing it.

"I'm not little anymore Brody," she rolls her eyes.

He chuckles. "You'll always be little to me, Steph."

There's a pause.

"How are you? Sorry, we haven't been able to talk for a while," he apologizes.

"It's Okay, I get it. You're busy. College's busy. I'm even surprised you answered your phone," Steph confesses.

"It isn't okay, Steph. I'll try to make time for you from now on." Brody sighs, feeling guilty.

"I said it's okay but that doesn't mean I don't miss you. I really do."

"I miss you too."

"So," Steph smiles. "How's college? What is going on in your life? Dating anyone?" She probes.

Brody chuckles again.

"Well, College is stressful as per usual," he pauses, "and well everything is going great."

"Okay...." Steph trails off, giving him the hint to continue. That she isn't quite satisfied with his answer.

He doesn't say anything.

"Brody!"

"Yeah?"

"Continue. Tell me more," she urges him.

"There's nothing more to say. Expect you wanna hear about my lectures."

She sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Are you dating anyone?"

"Well...."

"Brody!" She smiles.

"I'm not dating anyone, Steph." He mutters. He's reluctant to tell her what's on his mind. He doesn't want to burden his little sister with his stupid problems.

"I don't believe you-"

"But," he interrupts, "there's this girl I like."

"Okay. Go on."

"We're friends and she's doing the same major as me. We're close and I think she sees me as her best friend. And that's where the problem is." He says with a perpetually tired voice.

"That isn't a problem. Does she have a boyfriend?" Steph asks the most important question to her.

"She doesn't. Her last one broke up with her about a month ago."

"That's great. It favours you. You like her, right?"

"Yeah, I really like her. A lot. It broke my heart when she cried after the breakup. She was miserable for two weeks and I saw every second of it," he sighs.

"I'm so sorry." Steph waits a few seconds before speaking again. She can't imagine seeing someone she loves in pain.

"When did you realize you have feeling for her?"

"I believe it was when she started dating the last twerp that dumped her. She'd go on and on about how great he is and I began feeling jealous. Turns out he isn't so great after all." He adds the last sentence with a scoff.

"That must have been painful, huh?"

"It was. Trust me, it was terrible."

"You have to tell her Brody. I know you're probably thinking she might not feel the same way and it'll ruin your friendship," she begins.