53

Ayane's POV

6:00 AM

Light crept unto the early changing sky after I moved my curtains aside to greet the morning ahead of me. I did a couple of stretches to wake me up, and after doing so I sent Sendoh a text, telling him:

"Good morning, Akira. I just woke up. I hope you have a great day ahead of you!"

I went downstairs for my breakfast, just a simple one: a bowl of oatmeal, a banana and a cup of coffee.

After breakfast and before heading to the shower my phone dinged and the screen showed a reply from Sendoh once I unlocked it.

"Good morning Ayane! I just finished taking a bath hehehe. I'll go eat now. Take care on your way to school!"

I wonder what Sendoh will eat. I can spare a few minutes to ask him a few questions....

"What will you have for breakfast, Akira?"

A couple of seconds, then his reply.

"I made lemon tea and some toast and eggs."

I really loved that lemon tea he made last night. He even taught me how to "perfectly" do it, letting me take note of the most crucial points in the recipe. He told me, one of these days he'll ask me to make one for him and he'll check if it tastes the same with how he prepares it.

We had a lively chat as we drank the hot tea and once it was consumed Sendoh kissed both my cheeks before he went home, carrying a plastic bag filled with lemons.

"Enjoy your breakfast then, Akira. I'll go prepare myself for school now."

The moment I was about to go inside the shower I checked my phone again and he sent me a picture of his breakfast.

🍋

I'm going to have another musical competition a few weeks after New Year's. I've already decided which pieces I'll play and from that I'll have to---

"YAN-CHAN!"

My thought train snapped under Yoko's call, partnered with a hard shoulder tap.

"You're staring into nothingess again, Yan-chan. And you're tapping your fingers into your table as if you're playing the piano."

"I was just trying to repeat a part from a piece I'll be playing."

Yoko raised her eyebrows in question, and I filled in to answer it,

"La Campanella by Franz Liszt. You can listen to it if you have time."

After finishing my sentence, Yoko fished her phone out of her pocket, typing something into it, and after a while the tune of the musical piece I was going to play became one with the air.

I bet she searched a pianist playing that and she looked at me, then to her phone, then to me again.

"Yan-chan?? You can play this?!"

"Yeah."

She froze, looking at me in awe.

"I can play that, Yoko." I said again, with more conviction.

"This looks really fast! Your poor fingers!"

Yoko took my hands that were resting on the table, "YOUR POOR FINGERS!" she repeated, feeling sorry for what could happen to it once I play the piece on the piano.

"There are a lot more difficult pieces than that, Yoko. You don't need to feel sorry for my fingers...."

She leaned in closer, inspecting my fingers more-- or from what I suspected she was doing, since she already started to study the rose gold knot ring I wore.