31

Another update for you guys! Also, I just wanna plug something if you dont mind haha
I made an Imagines and Crack book of Slam Dunk Characters. You know, one shots, preferences and other shit. I do hope you check them and leave happy comments and votes, idk they'd make me really happy. Also I do hope those drabbles I wrote in there will make you feel the feels 💙 so in case I'm writing drafts you have something to read ^^

◾◽◾◾

Ayane's POV

I woke up to the smell of toasty bacon, maple syrup and black coffee. Soft and bright, sunlight illuminated the sky, its rays carefully entering my room, with the absence of the curtain that I forgot to close last night. Delicate snowflakes fluttered in the wind, creating a blanket of snow outside.

I kept on staring at the ceiling or so.

Damn, I have classes today.

Grunting, I went out of the covers, following the scent that lead me downstairs to our kitchen.

"Happy Birthday, dear!" Both my parents greeted me once they saw me, wearing birthday caps: dad was even holding a birthday popper.

Mom gave me a squeeze, dad joining afterwards.

"Aw, honey, I'm sorry we couldn't go to your recital last night." Mom says, rubbing my back.

"It's okay, mom."

"Who did you give the tickets to?" Dad asks.

"Sendoh watched... and a couple of his teammates, who I'm turning to be pretty close with." I reassuringly replied. "Who cooked these?" I asked as I made my way to the dinner table, with pancakes on plates, complete with slices of butter and maple syrup on top.

"I did." Dad gave me a wink as he walk towards me with a cake.

Another cake, how are we gonna eat all of these stuff???

"That's nice, dad. Finally seeing you doing things in the kitchen." I joked.

"Hey, hey, atleast you can taste what I make once in a while." He sets the cake in front of me as mom rummages for a match in the cupboards.

"I hope this makes up for our absence yesterday, sweetheart." Mom was like.

"Go on, make a wish!" Both of them beamed.

Should I repeat my wish last night or go wish for another one?

I went for the former.

Closing my eyes as I repeated the words I made last night, I blew the candles. Once it was done, we ate breakfast.

"Dear, do make sure you keep yourself warm, okay?" Mom says as I was preparing my things for school, checking my backpack if I carried all the things I needed inside.

Quite amusing though, the gifts I received from my recital last night is all delivered to my home, now they're all stacked up in one corner of our living room like I'm about to sell them in a garage sale.

"Yes, mom."

"Here you go, dear. I made you a bento!" She says, reaching out for my hand to hold unto the lunchbox she prepared.

"Wow, mom. Thanks." I say, really appreciating her deed, like both of them are really making up for the times when they're not around.

"Oh, yes, I forgot. Ayane, for your gifts, just check your room when you come home, okay?" Dad says. Wrapping a scarf on my neck, both of them sent me off, only me to return back when I forgot to say something.

"You're home early." Dad jests.

"I...uh... forgot to really say thank you."

"It's no problem, dear."