46

Sendoh's POV

"I'm amazed this ring fits."

Ayane told me after the hug, wiping her eyes.

"As minimalist as it is it's still beautiful."

She sniffled again, the tip of her nose pink. I used my thumb to wipe her stray tear away.

"Just imagine if at the moment I was about to slip it on you it's stuck halfway."

I got the idea of the ring when I was searching for presents and I read about it from a book (I know, I was reading) and I bought one immediately at a jewelry shop.

"What a way to ruin that moment Akira." She giggled. "Were you able to buy your hairspray?"

"No... but they do have mousse and pomade though. It's been a while since I used one so I bought those."

"Have you ever been to your school with your hair like that?"

"No... and I'm not planning on letting people from Ryonan see me like this."

"Why so?"

"Hmm.... Well the spiked hair is pretty much my thing, plus I only want you to be the one who sees me like this."

She lifted an eyebrow, "Those guys from Shohoku already did

She lifted an eyebrow, "Those guys from Shohoku already did. Hmm, probably some people we passed by too.... wait, what if I take a picture of you when you're like this and sell laminated copies to your fangirls? I can earn piles of money."

I laughed from her joke and I stopped when I saw her took out her phone.

"Wait! Are you really serious, Ayane?"

"No doofus. I'll post this on Instagram. I'll tag you. Now, smile for me."

I gave her a smile.

A few seconds later my phone dinged and vibrated and I tapped the notification panel of the app.

She posted a photo of me with the caption

Akira. Treasure.

"I know, cheesy." Ayane said, making me look up.

"No it's not! It's actually sweet." I replied.

She smiled and while she was staring afar I took a photo of her side profile.

I did the same and I captioned the photo

Ayane. Adoration.

She stared at her phone and gave me a smile.

"See? It's really sweet."

🍋

Ryonan High, the day after

"Where the hell is Sendoh?!" Coach Taoka fumed, an angry vein throbbing from his forehead. "He's always late!!"

If it wasn't for that boy's gift on the sport I would've just strangle him to death.....