20

I lose balance and I fly forward into the weird looking space, "No!" I cry out. Tyler grabs my foot and pulls me back, but Dodge is still holding onto my shirt. So I push her off and I am pulled back.

Tyler and I both fall to the ground. "Close the door" Tyler demands holding me close to him, they start closing the door while glowing bullets shoot out from behind it.

The door finally closes and we all catch our breath. Tyler immediately pulls me into a hug and rocks us back and forth. Kinsey soon joins the hug and I could sit here for hours. But I think about Bode and Rufus, so I stand up and run my way out off the caves, without saying anything.

~~~

"Bode!" I say running into Ellie's house, Bode stands up from the couch and I run over to him. The second I am close enough to him, I pull him into my arms. We sit down on the couch in silence.

Bode is still hugging me, just like the day I came back from the hospital. He is too afraid to let go. We sit there for a moment until we get tapped on the shoulder, "Hey, your friend is okay" a guy says. Bode and I both turn around to face him as he continues to speak.

"They're gonna take him to the hospital so he can get checked out, you can go see him now if you want" he tells us, Bode and I both quickly stand up and follow the man outside. "Thanks" Bode says, I turn to the man and say "Thank you, sir" he smiles at me and leads me to Rufus.

Bode and I enter one of the ambulances and Rufus looks at us, "Bode, Angel" he says. We look at him and I frown, this what never suppose to happen. Rufus and Ellie shouldn't have been involved in this mess.

"Are you okay?" Bode asks Rufus, he sighs and replies, "I usually feel a lot better". I let out a small chuckle.

"Well, what happened?" Bode asks, "Where is your mom?" I quickly add. Rufus looks a bit lost and says, "I don't know".

"Lucas used one of the keys to turn himself into a lady, with long, black hair" he continues, I nod my head while Bode says, "That's Dodge". It stays silent for a moment, until Rufus speaks up. "Here" he says handing me the Head key. "Take this" I take the key from his hand as a doctor comes up to us.

"Rufus, you okay there?" he asks, Rufus nods his head saying "affirmative". Another doctor comes over saying they have to go. I turn back to Rufus and he has his hand up to his head.

"Goodbye, Bode and Angel" he says, Bode and I do the same saying "Bye, Rufus" and we get out of the ambulance. We turn around facing Rufus one more time, before the doors shut close and the ambulance rides away.

I pick Bode up and he wraps his arms around my shoulders, "I am glad you're safe" I tell him. "I'm glad you came" he mumbles in my shoulder. We wait for Nina to arrive and we make our way back home in silence.

When we arrive at the Key house, Bode and I immediately run upstairs. We search for Tyler and Kinsey, as we walk into Tylers room we see them sitting there on his bed.

"Where is Dodge?" Bode asks them, I sigh and look at him. I've explained this three times now, "She's gone, for good" Tyler tells him. "So, you threw her through the door? In the cave?" Bode asks.

"Yeah" Tyler says eyeing me, "Are you sure it was Dodge?" Bode asks. If I am honest I'm not sure, I mean, I've been having a bad feeling about this all along.

"Why would you ask that?" Kinsey asks, "I went to Rufus' house right?" Bode asks. 'Right' Kinsey says a bit confused about what is happening. "When I got there, Rufus was knocked out. So I called Angel and then 911 and the police came, and his mom was missing" he tells them.

I already know the story of course, "And then when he woke up, he told us that Lucas did it" Bode says pointing his finger at him and then at me.

"Wait, what?"

"Where is Ellie?" Kinsey asks, "Nobody knows" Bode tells her. She looks at me for some explanation and I simply nod my head.

"And since Lucas is Dodge, I just wanted to make sure you guys got rid of her." Bode says, Tyler grabs Bode's arm and pulls him forward to face him. "Trust me. She's gone." Ty tells him. "All three of us saw her get swallowed up in whatever was on the other side" Kinsey adds.

Tyler picks up Bode and places him down in Kinseys lap, he puts out his hand and Bode holds onto it. "We're safe now" Tyler says, "Okay" Bode sighs. Tyler moves over and pats the spot next to him.

I sit down and rest my face in my hands, I just now realize how exhausted I am. I close my eyes but immediately open them again when I feel a pillow hit my head.

I look up and see Bode holding the pillow, "Oh no, you did not just do that!" I say as I start tickling him.

"S-stop" he says wheezing, I stop letting him catch his breath. "I should probably head to bed now." I tell them, "It's been a long day, Bode come on I'll read you a story first" I say holding out my hand for Bode. He takes it and we walk over to his room.

"Good night, Bode" I say after reading a story. "Night" he mumbles, I smile and close his door. When I turn around I bump into someone, Tyler.

"Oh, um, hey Ty" I say, he looks at me and gives me a light smile. "So, I thought we should talk. About what you said, that night with Sam" he tells me. "Can we please talk about this tomorrow?" I say knowing I can't take a heartbreak right now.

"Uh, yeah sure" he tells me with a smile, then he pulls me into a hug. "I thought I lost you back in the caves" he mumbles, "You can't get rid of me that easy" I joke. He laughs a little and lets go off of me. "Good night" he says, "Good night" I smile.