10

I wake up the next morning with Bode cuddled up to me, I stay still not wanting to wake him up. I feel Bode tilting his head up, he looks at me and smiles.

"Good morning little one" I greet him, "Good morning" he replies sleepy. I climb out of his bed and walk out of the room, looking for Nina. When I can't find her I decide to just stay home today, I am still really embarrassed from yesterday.

I walk into my room and grab my book, I lay down on my bed and start reading. An few hours later I hear someone open my door, it's Bode. "How was school" I ask him, he sits down next to me and starts talking "it was good, I know you didn't go to school tho. Why?" he asks. I sit up, "I just can't, I am really embarrassed and scared" I tell him.

"You have nothing to be scared about" He says, I smile and try to change the subject. "Let's explore".

~~~

"Hey uncle Duncan, do you wanna go outside and explore with us?" Bode asks his uncle, "I wish I could, bud, but not now. I'm sorry, I am still fighting this migraine" he replies. "I think I'm almost on the other side of it" he continues.

"Oh too bad, I hope you feel better" I tell him, I hear him mumble something and walk outside. "Let's go to the graveyard" Bode says, I just nod and follow him.

We walk to the graveyard in complete silence. "Here we are" Bode tells me, I look around and see a lot of gravestones. Bode walks up to one that says 'Locke' on it, "Whose is it?" I ask.

"My great great grandpa, you know the one I met" he explains, I nod and place my hand on his shoulder. I feel something move behind me and quickly turn around, "Hello, Angel, Bode" well lady says. I stick my finger up to let her know she has to wait, "Bode, can you please go back home. I will be right behind you" I tell him.

Bode nods and starts to run away, but he is stopped by his echo.

"No, I need him as well" she says. "Okay, what do you want" I ask her, "I'm gonna give you one last chance to give me the keys" she explains looking at me and then at Bode. "Never" Bode replies.

"And I know you can't take them from us" he adds, "You have no idea what's coming" she tells us, walking around me. She stand between me and Bode, suddenly she grabs both of our shoulders and speaks up again.

"It's gonna destroy your family, and you'll be the one responsible" she tells Bode. "Don't say I didn't warn you".

She walks away and I immediately kneel in front of Bode, he looks like he is going to cry. I pull him into a hug and trace circles on his back, "It's gonna be all my fault if something happens to one of you" he cries in my shoulder.

"If anyone is responsible it's me" I tell him. "Let's go back inside" I say pulling away, I wipe his tears and smile.

When we get back we start searching for Kinsey, not gonna lie I am really worried. Not only about Kinsey, also about Tyler. We haven't really talked lately, we used to tell each other everything. Well almost everything, I obviously didn't tell him about my feelings.

It's just that he doesn't really have time, and now that Nina is out of the house a bit more I have to take care of Bode. Not that I mind, Bode is a really good person to talk to.

And Kinsey, she is busy with the Savini-squad. I need to talk to her more. Bode and I search everywhere for Kinsey but can't find her.

When we walk into her room for the fifth time she is actually sitting on her bed. "There you are, we've been looking for you everywhere" Bode says. "I'm unpacking" she tells him, "You know, I swear I have more boxes than this".

"Are you okay? Have you seen anything weird? Are all your keys present and accounted for?" I ask, letting her see how worried I am. "What's the matter with you?" she asks.

"The well lady came back!" Bode exclaims, "She did, where?".

"Outside! She said something bad was going to happen to our whole family and that it was gonna be all my fault" Bode explains, "Hold up, I already told you that if it is anyones fault. It's mine" I tell him.

"Bad like what?" Kinsey asks Bode, "She never told me" Bode breathes out. "It's okay, bud. She is just trying to scare you into giving her what she wants" Kinsey says. She looks at Bode and picks him up.

She places him in her lap and speaks up again, "Look, I'm not afraid of her, Angel isn't and you shouldn't be either" she explains. Bode looks over at me and and I smile while shaking my head, letting him know I'm not scared.

"She can't take the keys from us" I tell Bode, he sighs and nods his head. "But I'm not going to leave your side tonight" he warns Kinsey. "So does that mean you guys will help me carry the boxes up from the basement?" Kinsey asks.

"I need to get mine as well so, yes" I tell her, "Fine" Bode says. "Come on" Kinsey says letting Bode walk up front.

"Kins wait, I know I have been distant lately. But I miss hanging out with you" I tell her. She looks at me and pulls me into a hug, "I miss hanging out with you too, tomorrow we are going to have a girls day" she tells me.

We smile at each other and follow Bode downstairs.

~~~

"Sally, I totally forgot about this" Kinsey says holding a whale stuffed animal, "I am worried about what the well lady said. I think we should call Tyler" Bode says.

"I lost my phone down in the caves" Kinsey explains. "The sea caves? God Kins you know I wanted to go down there" I tell her, "I'm going back anyway you can come with me" she says. "My phone is in the kitchen let me get it" I tell them.

I walk upstairs and see something unexpected. "Sam?" I ask, he stares at me while holding my phone.

"Hello Angel, long time no see"