8

I am laying next to Kinsey on her bed reading a book, when suddenly the door opens revealing Tyler.

"I brought a peace offering" he says holding up two bags of oyster crackers. "Are they from Phil's?" Kinsey asks, "Phil's trash. Don't let anyone tell you different" he replies. "These are from Bill's which is the best" he continues.

"Better than Duke's?" Kinsey asks catching the bag of oyster crackers, "No but, don't tell Jackie that" he says.

"Oh so you were there with Jackie?" Kinsey asks, "Relax, it was just chowder". Kinsey nods, "That's how it always starts. Next thing you know, it's a lobster roll" she tells him. "I'm happy for you" I tell him with a fake smile, he looks at me and smiles. "You know, for the record, I like the new hair" he tells both of us.

I jump because of the sudden sound of doors slamming shut. "Bode is that you?" I ask worried, I quickly stand up and walk out of the room looking for Bode. I see him standing in the hall with a pointy stick in his hands, "what's going on?" Tyler asks.

"It's her"

"Shit" I whisper yell, "Wait you met her?" Kinsey asks. "Yeah I told you that already, she chocked me" I tell her. "What does she want?" Kinsey asks raising her voice, "The keys" Bode replies looking scared. I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder, all of a sudden the lights all break until we are in an all dark room.

"Oh my god" Kinsey exclaims, just then the fire alarm goes off. "Mom's downstairs" Kinsey says, I pick Bode up not wanting to lose him out of sight. We start running and I'm pulled into a room, the door closes and I turn around to see the well lady.

"Not you again" I say rolling my eyes, Bode tries to stab her with the pointy stick but she is faster. She grabs the stick and throws it across the room. "You thought you could stop me with Dubble Bubble and a tree branch?" she asks laughing, "Give me what I want".

"Never" Bode shouts, "Fine" she says grabbing Bode's arm. "Don't touch him"I yell at her, she looks at me and let's go from Bode. She walks over to me and grabs my arm instead, she pulls me with her and puts the anywhere key into the lock of the closet. She pushes me in and follows leaving Bode behind.

I am suddenly standing in the middle of a ring of fire, with the crazy well lady. "Give me the head key" she demands, "Why do you want it so bad" I yell at her.

"I need it to find something"

I pretend to think, when she grabs my neck again. "I am done playing games" she shouts in my face, "And I am done with getting grabbed by the neck" I yell at her. "Give me the key" she screams.

"I don't have it" I lie, "You think you're so clever. Well I can be clever too. Stay tuned, Angel" she says tru gritted teeth.

She walks out of the ring of fire and uses the everywhere key to get away. The ring of fire then just disappears.

"Angel!" Tyler shouts, I turn around and I am immediately pulled into a hug. "Are you okay?" he asks pulling away, "I am fine" I tell him. "Okay" he breathes out. "Let's go inside" I tell him. We walk back and when we get inside I immediately run upstairs to my room.

~~~

That night I hear a strange noise coming from downstairs, so I get out of bed and follow the noise.

I walk into the living room and see Bode, Kinsey and Tyler standing there with a chair in their hands. "What are you guys doing?" I ask them, "We need to get that brown box up there, the one with the swirls" Bode tells me.

"I saw it when we were unpacking" he explains, Tyler sets down the chair and stands on it. He grabs the box and places it on the table in front of me. Kinsey opens the box, inside there is a ballerina without a head. "The hell"

"I think it's broken" Bode tells us, "So we can all hear them now. What does that mean?" Tyler asks. "That means we can all be the protectors of the keys. Well lady can't take them from us. I am not alone anymore" Bode exclaims. Am I like a joke or something? I look down.

"You were never alone, little man" Tyler says, "Okay, so for safety's sake, we should all split up the keys" Tyler continues.

"Where are the keys?" Kinsey asks Bode, "Right here" Bode says taking off his necklace. "Mirror key and Ghost key" he tells us. "Wait where is the Head key?" Tyler asks, I put my hand up and run to my room.

I come back with the Head key in my hand, "Here" I breath out handing the key to Tyler. He nods and continues talking.

"Kinsey, you will take this new music box one. Bode, you keep the Ghost key. Angel, you get the Mirror key and I'll just take the head key" he tells us. "Good, always keep them with you" he explains.

"Oh and by the way, before we use the keys, we're all talking about it first"

"Enough with the orders! We can manage ourselves" Kinsey snaps, "Yeah, you're in great shape" Tyler says back.

"Just because I don't have any fear doesn't make me irrational. So shut your mouth Tyler", Tyler is about to talk back when Kinsey speaks up again. "Besides, it's not like you're so above using the keys. Didn't you use the Head key to try and get with Jackie?".

When she mentions Jackie I immediately look down, "Didn't you?". Tyler mumbles something, "all right, very funny" Kinsey says.

"Tyler, slap yourself in the face" Kinsey demands, Tyler does as she says. "Holy shit" Kinsey whispers. "Okay, that was enough for today. I am going to bed" I tell them and walk back to my room.