Prologue

It was the first day of kindergarten and Angel Summers wasn't having it. Everyone had made friends and were playing with sand or just running around like wild animals.

Still Angel was just sitting on a bench in the darkness of the shadow from one of the many trees that were just standing there. She was starring into space trying to understand why nobody liked her, but then a little girl walks up to her.

Kinsey Locke.

~~~

Years after Kinsey and Angel were never seen without each other. That was until Angel started to get a little distant. She started to wear covering clothes and make-up to try and hide the bruises that reminded her of the situation she was in.

Slowly the bright and happy girl turned into a sad and dark girl, the little girl that always wore too much pink was never seen with that color again.

And that didn't go unnoticed by Kinsey, so she went up to her best friend and asked her about what was going on. Surprisingly she explained everything.

Angel stayed at the Lockes for the night, but suddenly Nina had to go to the hospitale.

It was that day Bode came in to her life.

~~~

Bode was the little ray of sunshine she didn't have for quite a while. They became close, it was like she was another sister of his. It was like she was part of the family.

Angel stayed at the Lockes house every weekend for the next few years. She wasn't just really close with Bode and Kinsey. Nina, Rendell and Tyler as well. She has the biggest crush on Tyler ever since he insisted to walk her home after an argument with her parents. Rendell really helped her get tru some stuff, not just school stuff but also the things she went tru at home.

She could always walk into his office and he would make time for her even when he was in an important meeting.

That is why she was so broken when he was murdered. The worst thing is that she could've stopped it. Or so she thought.

When Angel heard that the Locke family was going to move away from Seattle she was hopeless. She didn't have any other friends than the Lockes and she didn't want to stay at home all the time.

After Kinsey refused to move away without Angel by her side, Nina decided that it was better that she came with. She was basically part of the family anyways. Angels parents didn't really care about Angel so she was allowed to move with them.

That is where my story starts.