A Growing Collection •• Chapter 44

*Unedited*

Bakugo POV-

The morning was calm, my body filled with rest. When was the last time I had gotten a full night's sleep? The soothing sound of gentle snores below me as I lied sprawled above Eijiro, my head rested on his chest as I listened to the thrumming of his heart. My legs straddled his waist and my arms wrapped around his torso; with every intake of air I felt my body rise. His arms wrapped around me as I felt nourished, refreshed, loved. If you had asked me a year ago about relationships, I would have blown you to pieces, muttering something stupid about how heroes don't have time for love, that they don't have time for distractions. But Eijiro was the best distraction there was. Those who believe that love is like carrying a weight on their back, they're wrong. They believe that by having a lover, that they weigh them down. That's not love. Love is having someone to carry that weight with, that weight is life. My chin rose to rest against Eijiro's chest as I peered up to his sleeping face, his lips slightly parted and head limp, his gorgeous ruby hair sprawled across the pillow below him as he gently released his small puffs of air. My head cautiously made its way to his chin, moving slowly as to not wake him as I laid more on his chest that waist, my head slightly risen above his own. Every time I scooted my way up his body, his arms were quick to readjust, always keeping their limp and soft hold onto my body. It was as If I were stuck in a trance, mesmerized by his calm and relaxed figure. I admired the scars that trailed across his skin, the small scar rested above his eyelid that almost reached his eyebrow. The adorable pale scar that ran across the bridge of his nose. The rougher, thicker one that ran just above his jawline before reaching down his neck. The small one that could hardly be seen through his eyebrow. They were beautiful, no matter their origin. He was beautiful, and it didn't matter what anyone else thought. Even in his half drooling, sleeping state, he was gorgeous, I could not find a single imperfection on the man in front of me. With fluttering eyes, gorgeous ruby red shone in front of me like the precious jewels they were. The drowsiness from his eyes diminished at the sight of my face above his as he didn't dare mutter a word, only allow the river of red to pour down his cheeks. I grabbed his chin with my pointer and thumbs as his toothy grin finally showed as I connected our lips, fireworks never stopped exploding the butterflies that rumbled through my chest as I soaked in the feeling of his slightly chapped lips against mine. The feeling of his lips against mine made life just seem to right, like everything I've done so far, no matter the irreplaceable mistakes, made it all seem worth it, just to be in this moment, right now, with him.

Our lips parted for air as my head quickly retreated from its scouring heat as I nuzzled my face into his neck, the feeling of his arm wrapped around my waist while the other held the back of my head in a tender hug, a warm hold as I could feel the idiot smiling like the sun.

"Good morning to you Suki." He chuckled, his morning voice being very apparent as it made the red hues on my cheeks darken, again with the endless amounts of adorable nicknames.

"G'mornin..." I slurred through his hair. The gentle peace within the room corrupted as the alarm wailed, informing us of the school day ahead. Monday. Eijiro was quick to retract his arm as it smashed against the alarm, silencing the room as his arm quickly recoiled back around my waist, snuggling into the hug.

"We have to get up Ei, we'll be late..." I mumbled into his neck once more as I dreaded the school day ahead, I was ahead of all my classes but still felt the need to go.

"Not going today..." He mumbled, placing a kiss on my neck as It made my insides flutter once more, my cheeks heating up and heartbeat increase.

"We can't just not show up Ei." I slightly whispered as I pulled away to look him in the eyes as the gorgeous ruby was soft, almost shadowed in a haze as I laid above him.