Chapter 2.

Ross POV

This was really nerve-racking. After everything Eden and I have been through my mum wasn't exactly the most welcoming person. Especially when she felt betrayed and ashamed of what my dad had done. If she even found out that Eden was friends with Olivianna oh God who knows how she would react. I had to avoid her finding out at all costs.

We pulled up and I can tell Eden was nervous but so was I.

The house looked different from the last time I saw it. It definitely had some renovations done to it. It looked bigger.

The large wide entryway welcomed us. We got out of the car. I looked up to see the large French windows that now adorned most of the house. It was definitely a French chateau-style mansion. I can tell Eden was equally impressed as she stayed looking with her mouth open at the house.

"Ross!!" A female voice called me. I quickly turned to see my mother run to me with her arms wide open to embrace me.

"God I missed you so much my son," she said hugging me tighter and tighter. I can't remember the last time my mom hugged me this way. It has been a while. I hugged her back just as tight.

Her blonde hair was shorter and I could tell she hadn't colored it in a while. Since I can see some gray hair showing. She looked thinner too. Her brown eyes seemed sad and saggy. I had never felt bad for my mom. She was always more into her money and friends when we were growing up. I mean what kind of mother will allow her 16-year-old son to run a drug business? But she had allowed it for the money and to live the way she lived.

All the fancy cars and this mansion and the hair salon every week. It was hard to give up I guess.

"I've missed you so much, my son, you look so much like your father," she said with years in her eyes.

I ignored that comment. I didn't look like my dad. My dad had blue eyes and dark hair and a grim look and personality. He was a bit shorter than me too. I got my mom's dark eyes and blonde hair and a more quiet personality.

My mom was a tall woman with still a nice posture for her age. She always carried herself with dignity and respect. With integrity and class. And as if she was always going to a photo shoot for a fashion magazine.

I noticed that my fiance and love of my life was waiting for me to introduce her. So I did.

"Mum this is Eden, my fiance" she was in shock, and Eden was smiling but I can tell it was a nervous smile.

"Fiance? You must be joking Ross?" She smiled at Eden with a not-so-friendly smile. Eden smiled back politely.

"I'm not joking," I said plainly.

"Why didn't you tell me this? I would have prepared a special celebration dinner or something but you got me quite out of the blues which makes me think that this was rushed, honey...is she expecting?"

I rolled my eyes,

"Why is that the first thing people think about when you tell them you are engaged?, but to answer your question mother, no, she is not,"

That seemed to reassure my mother. 

I could tell Eden fell super uncomfortable and probably secretly cursing my name for putting her through his awkward situation.

"Mum I can assure you this was not rushed. I've known Eden since I was sixteen I love her and I am going to marry her so just accept it and don't make a big deal out of it!",  I rushed past her taking Eden with me slowly making sure not to hurt her ankle but she didn't have the crutches. I knew I had it coming.

As soon as we made it to the stairs she stopped me. I knew it.

"Do you want to leave? We can stay somewhere else. I can rent us a nice house or buy one if you prefer" I asked her.

"No, Ross we just got here. Understand your mother. You haven't seen her in a long time and then you tell her that you are getting married to a girl she doesn't know. So, of course, she thinks that it is rushed and that I am pregnant I don't blame her."

I swear Eden is perfect in every way. Any other girl would be like yes, let's leave, let's get out of here forget her, but not her. It made me love her more.

"Okay, listen I will show you to our room and then I have to leave to take care of something I am so sorry I will make it up to you my love I just have something very important to take care of I will be back by dinner"

"Umm two things I want my own room out of respect for your mother. She already thinks we are rushing into this and then if we share a room I guess I'm old fashion like that and two Ross, please hurry back to me,"

"Umm one thing no way in hell am I sleeping without you and I'm sorry I promise that you can call me whenever and I will answer, and two, I will hurry as fast as I can, I have reason to hurry," I said grabbing her and turning us around as if we were dancing. I kissed her passionately and for that split second, I forgot where we are and who is watching us.

She wasn't happy about me leaving. I can tell but she didn't argue. She was like that after everything that had happened and Court lying about me cheating on Eden and Olivianna and Everything she did not want to argue with me anymore. 

I showed her to our room. I hadn't been here in years. The King size bed I had bought for myself with my own money was still there right in the middle of the large bedroom with tall French windows overlooking the gardens. I noticed my mom had turned into quite the gardener. There were so many different flowers all forging a path to somewhere. Maybe the pool area I gathered. There were different kinds of trees planted as well all different colors. Eden will like this view I thought.

Before she said anything I grabbed her and kissed her. "I am so sorry, I promise I will make it up to you tonight," I said kissing her lips gently and calmly.
She smiled.

"Just come back to me in one piece," she said smiling.

With that and one final hug and kiss, I left her there.

I felt really bad leaving her but I couldn't wait. Loris was waiting for me outside. "Ready to go, boss"? He asked. I looked up at the windows hoping by some miracle that Eden will look out them to see me off but she didn't. I also didn't see my mom. She was probably inside by now. Great!

" Yeah, I'm ready. let's get this over with," I said getting in the driver seat and speeding off.