Chapter 3

Eden POV

I did wonder what Ross was up to? I mean we just got here. But I wasn't going to doubt him. He had not cheated on me. It was all a lie from one of his many ex-girlfriends. He was with me now and I had to be confident.

Being engaged or even just being the girlfriend, lover, partner, of a man like Ross was not easy. Not only was he gorgeous but he was a wealthy, respected, and admired man everyone called him boss for some reason. Not to mention that he was always busy doing something, going somewhere.

Why couldn't he be more normal? I was a homebody at heart always have been I think I always will be too. My ideal perfect time was just being home with Ross and watching silly romantic movies. We could watch action movies too if that was his thing. I didn't mind. We could cuddle and eat messy food together. Once in a while go out to a nice restaurant and get dressed up nicely. Just being with him more is what I wanted.

I didn't care if he had this much money I could live in a rundown house with little luxuries if it meant spending more time with him.

'Knock, knock' someone was at the door.

When I went to open Ross's mom stood there with all her glory. She had changed into a burgundy long dress with no sleeves.

She exceeded the poise and elegance of the best kind

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

She exceeded the poise and elegance of the best kind. One could tell she had money and lots of it.

She stormed right in as soon as I opened the door.

"I don't suppose I need to ask permission to enter a room in my own house," she said in her thick Australian accent.

"No, of course not," I said lying. Everyone had to ask permission to enter a room whether it was your house or not. Everyone deserved that privacy at least that is what I believed.

But then again who was I to say anything?

She paced the room for a bit as if she had not been here in a while even her walk was elegant as a dancer a graceful ballerina dancing her way through the stage all eyes on her.

"This is my son's room," she said as she turns to look at me. Keeping a good distance she continued "Tell me, Erica, are you married to my son yet?" She was being sarcastic.

"Umm," I could not find the words. If it was anyone else I would have told this person off. But this wasn't just anyone. This was Ross's mother. My future mother-in-law and I had to respect her.

"I...is Eden my name...is Eden and no I am not married to Ross yet," I said blinking one too many times.

"You do understand that in my home I keep things...decent. I don't know you, Eden, but I don't like that you are sleeping with my son under my roof not being married I don't know how it works in your..." She looked at me up and down before she said it. "Culture, but I like things decent" she finally said.

I completely understood what she was saying. My mom did not live with my dad until they got married. I grew up with the same beliefs. As bizarre as it must sound now.

"I completely understand no worries. I told Ross I will sleep somewhere else..."

"Perfect" she interrupted before I could finish.

"Then allow me to show you to the room you will be staying at while you are here," she said ushering me with her head to step aside so that she can pass.

We went down the stairs far away from Ross's room.

"Here you go, Gorda will show you around. I have somewhere I need to be," she said with a slight smile.

Just as I was settling in a text...

"I hope you are doing good my heart. I am so sorry I left. Please, believe I will make it up to you when I get back".

I wasn't mad at Ross. When you love someone so much like I love Ross you forgive most stuff they do. He was a very busy man so I understand the stuff he had to do for his job.

Another text...

I left you a card there if you want to go out shopping or whatever you want to do. Also, my cousin Kayla is stopping by soon so maybe you two can go together shopping. If mum is busy. Love you".

Great. Another family member I have not met and not sure I want to meet. I wasn't in the mood to go shopping but I was tired. My ankle was hurting so bad for some reason. I'm just going to take a bath and lay down for a bit.

I woke up to almost black eyes staring down at me. Rubbing my hair as if I was a child. Ross held me tight in his arms.

"please tell me this was your idea and not my mums idea, love,"

It is my idea, Ross, I want to respect while I am here" I said lying out of my teeth. I so desperately wanted to sleep next to him. To cuddle with him. I know that he will take me in his arms back to his room if I asked him to but, I didn't want to upset his mom any more than I already had.

"It is our decision what we do. My mom will just have to live with the times, besides..." he said caressing my face. "I want to lie next to you all night. I did say I was going to make it up to you"

"I know my love and I want nothing more, but I don't want to make your mom hate me even if is because of something small like this. We are not in the old days but these are her rules and we are at her house I want to respect"

"You know I don't give a shit what my mom says right. Everything she has is because I am paying for it. This house is paid off thanks to me. I kept the family business going since I was 16 damn near. This is technically my house, my mom never had to do anything to make a living. Not like me"

"I know that Ross, please, don't throw that in her face. This is her house. I...I want to go back to sleep I'm sorry"

"Fine, Eden! Whatever! I'll go sleep alone in my room and we can act like little virgins!" He said quite upset.

He got up and made to leave but not before he turned to say

"And Eden, if you are going to let this bother you then I will get us our own house, I don't care if my mom needs me. I need you and I am not going to let that stop us from sleeping together. I'll give you tonight. But, that's all I can give"

He said leaving.

I just don't want to upset his mom. Ross, says he doesn't care and In part, I think I know that he doesn't. But I still want to make peace while we are here. I don't want them fighting because of me. She clearly needed him and I wasn't going to stand in her way, it wasn't my place.

I just want to go to sleep and pretend he is here with me. Holding me and me him. I wonder what he was doing now?

He was so upset I wonder what he would do. Just as I was thinking it. I heard a car turn on outside. I got up opened my balcony door and stepped out to the small balcony that was in my room. I saw a car sped off and leave really fast. Was it Ross? Did he leave?

I couldn't hold back my curiosity. I went upstairs to his room. I stood outside his door for a bit debating if I should knock. I was just afraid not to find him there. But the curiosity was bigger than my fear so much so, that I didn't bother knocking. I just opened the door and went inside his room. I didn't notice the large Turkish carpet in the middle of his bed. how could I have missed it before?. The room was dark. I got closer to the bed, I turned on the night light, and just as I feared. 

His bed is empty.