five

"b-but... he just-" Taehyung wiped his tears with a tissue Jeongguk had given him earlier.

Taehyung whined as he snuggled into Jeon's chest.

Jeungguk petted Taehyung's hair with a frown.

"it's just a movie Tae. hey, how 'bout we go get some lunch together to cheer you up?" Jeongguk suggested.

"i guess.." Taehyung said, getting up with the other boy to put their shoes on.

they walked outside and Taehyung was shocked to see a red sports car.

"that's yours?" Taehyung asked, his eyes wide.

"sure is," Jeongguk said, lightly slapping the shiny red paint.

they got into the car and started to drive away from their dorm, Taehyung left staring at his beat up station wagon in the distance.

-

"this place is my favorite," Jeongguk said as the two looked at the menu.

"i've never been here," Taehyung said while reading the specials.

"me and my dad used to come here all the time. we would count all the red cars that passed by since red was his favorite color," Jeongguk said while looking at the cars passing by.

"why don't you come here with him anymore?" Taehyung questioned.

"i actually haven't been here in a year. last time I came here, me and him got into the accident. but only I survived. stupid drunk driver," Jeongguk clenched his fist in anger.

"oh... I'm sorry for your loss, I didn't know," Taehyung looked down.

"it's okay. I don't know why I brought us here anyway, my dad said to come here one day with someone special. I should have saved the first time coming here since his death for that someone," Jeongguk said.

i could be that someone, I just wish he realized that, Taehyung thought.

"what can I get for ya?" the waitress asked.

Ella.

"um hi Ella... can we just get the number 6 to share and the number 13 for both of us?" Jeongguk said awkwardly.

"of course, daddy," she said with a smirk.

Taehyung's blood was boiling.

Jeongguk just laughed it off, not knowing why he did that instead of coming up with a sexy comeback.

Ella rushed off.

"sorry, I ordered for you because I could tell you didn't know what to get," Jeongguk said with a smile.

it was true, Taehyung was having trouble picking.

Taehyung blushed, hoping Jeongguk wouldn't notice.

He did.

He didn't mind.

In fact, it made him happy for some reason.

"about the money, I can try to work a few overnight shifts this week to get it all," Taehyung said.

"no need, you need your sleep. plus, you don't need to pay me back anymore," Jeongguk said.

"but that was an antique! you can't just get less than half the price of what it's worth!" Taehyung complained.

"watch me."

-

a/n I actually really like this book and it's so fun to write, I hope to update again soon! xoxo